• Subscriber
On 6/6/2018 at 3:14 AM, bettydalton said:

But for the first time I really do feel Bono could be at the end of the road. He still has got the spirit. But the fysical power is definitely lacking on stage.

Yet he still has that incredible voice when he sings.  Perhaps they are at a crossroads.  How can a person be a singer/songwrite/musican for so long and just stop?  The urge is going to remain, don't you think?  Am I off base?   I don't think any of them is ever going to stop.  It may change.  I doubt it's the end.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the way the current shows are ending-the imagery of 13-doesn't it seem like SOE is wrapping up from SOI?  Is is just me?  If there was a Songs of Ascent-it seems it would need to go a new directi

I think for various practical reasons it won't become a trilogy. I think a third in terms of theme and touring might be a stretch to far. That said several artists have started releasing albums o

Not me...as I think when we hear Songs of Ascent that will surely indicate that the end is coming.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Yet he still has that incredible voice when he sings.  Perhaps they are at a crossroads.  How can a person be a singer/songwrite/musican for so long and just stop?  The urge is going to remain, don't you think?  Am I off base?   I don't think any of them is ever going to stop.  It may change.  I doubt it's the end.

I wouldn't say it's the end either. Bono has said he's fine now. I don't think there's much else to read into that.

Edited by peterferris8
  • Thanks 1
  • Subscriber

3 Tours in 3 years and 2 albums... i consider myself lucky to have seen them live 1st time in 2015 and then again in Dublin last year and now looking forward to completing the circle of I&E in Amsterdam this year. Songs of Experience album completed the idea of I&E song albums beautifully with '13'. I really believe that there is another album in the back of their minds which in all likely hood should be titled Songs of Ascent.

I remember reading their manager's interview recently where he even admitted to being open to the idea of a 30 Year Anniversary tour (their Best Album ever) celebrating 'Achtung baby' which i think will be possible in 2021. 

Another Album before 2020 year end seems unlikely to me at the moment considering how much they have been on the road lately & that they will have to be back on the Road again after the release of the next new album. 

On 6/9/2018 at 1:56 PM, varunjay said:

I remember reading their manager's interview recently where he even admitted to being open to the idea of a 30 Year Anniversary tour (their Best Album ever) celebrating 'Achtung baby' which i think will be possible in 2021.

Varunjay, could you please be so kind to provide a link to that interview? That suggestion by the manager would be my biggest wish! A celebration tour of Achtung Baby! Man oh man, that would be the ultimate thrill. I so dearly enjoyed the recent Joshua Tree tour, that I really would be thrilled to see the return of Achtung Baby. Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are my personal U2 favorites. 

I have already mentioned this in the ZOO TV thread on this forum, that these violent political days are perfect for a full blown big stadium ZOO TV tour. U2 was so good at that tour. Just gives me shivers of joy thinking back to those days...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 6/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, varunjay said:

Of course the manager is open to it. More commission in his pocket. $$$.

Are the band open to it though? 

• Subscriber
Just now, CorkVegan said:

Of course the manager is open to it. More commission in his pocket. $$$.

Are the band open to it though? 

I'm of two minds about this idea too.

When I first heard it suggested, I thought, "Well, perhaps, but probably not - they've already done a walk-down-memory-lane tour with JT."

Then, I thought about it more, and it seemed a little less outlandish. IF there is a long break coming up, and IF they wanted to ease back into touring again coming off of the break, this would be an ideal way to do it. You wouldn't need a new album, you would be playing AB in its entirety in order which was never done in the past (like JT), you could still play lots of other songs in addition, there would be demand for such a project among general concert fans, not just U2 devotees like ourselves - it would be a useful way to get back into action again. Do a new album after it's over (or have one pretty much done in advance, like SOE was essentially finished before the JT anniversary).

But, ultimately, who the hell knows? I'm sure the band has no idea right now either.

• mich40 unfeatured this topic
  • mich40 featured this topic