• Subscriber

Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies suddenly aged 46, that's terrible ...

Rest In Peace Dolores

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

The first time we saw the cranberries live, in may 1993 as the support band of Hothouse flowers in Paris; we asked Dolores  if there was an album, and after she signed me an autograph, she said yes, and it's called "Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?"

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Statement by President Higgins on the death of Dolores O'Riordan

“It is with great sadness that I have learned of the death of Dolores O’Riordan, musician, singer and song writer.

Dolores O’Riordan and The Cranberries had an immense influence on rock and pop music in Ireland and internationally.

I recall with fondness the late Limerick TD Jim Kemmy’s introduction of her and The Cranberries to me, and the pride he and so many others took in their successes.

To her family and all those who follow and support Irish music, Irish musicians and the performing arts her death will be a big loss.

• Community Moderator

I saw them open for Duran Duran too and as headliners the next year (I think). I am deeply saddened by this news. I used to want to be Dolores in the early 90s. Loved her thick Irish accent. :(

• Subscriber

One of my first real encounters with rock music in my early teens. I clearly remember how the music video of „Zombie“ affected me, though I didn’t  understand what it was all about at that age... 

the news about her passing made me really sad this evening.

love to her family and friends.

• Subscriber

I've been thinking about this since I first heard yesterday morning and I am still upset about it. The Cranberries had such an impact on my life and I have so many memories tied to their music. They are one of those bands which you always heard and their songs were total ear worms and you couldn't help but love them. It's such a sad loss to the music industry and her fans. Their music really helped define an era and her voice was truly unique.