eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Heading To Europe

• Community Moderator
2 minutes ago, dvdspence said:

I refused to pay more for a renewal as a loyal fan than a new subscriber would pay! The rest is just admin...

I don't think that's correct... the renewal is US$40...
the new subscription is US$50:

u dos dot com subscription.png

in the end, it was your own decision - the consequence of it is that you got the innocence presale group...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh for heavens sake give the Mods a break!  He said, she said, this said this, this said that....  it’s a stressful time, it’s emotive,  we all want tickets, we don’t want ‘new’ subscribers to get fir

ooops ...just realised I was logged into my husbands account (BrunoDog)...he won’t be pleased that Ive had a rant on his behalf.

Regarding the album presale codes: I called Universal who says that they just provide the code and TM is in charge. TM in turn says that I need to ask Universal. And u2.com doesn't know. Which le

Posted Images

• Community Moderator
7 minutes ago, dvdspence said:

I refused to pay more for a renewal as a loyal fan than a new subscriber would pay! The rest is just admin...

Renewals have been $40 vs the $50 new sub for several years now.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, peterdevree said:

there are also 'fans' that pay up the membership just to buy tickets and sell them to scalpers!!

and Max and Bigwave keep up the good things to keep us positive. your job is not the easiest in these days

11 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

in the end, it was your own decision - the consequence of it is that you got the innocence presale group...

Bit of false advertising there. Your post suggests by signing up you get ‘first access to ticket presales’

As you have 2 presale groups this is very misleading and factually incorrect..really it should say you will get day 2 access to the presale if you are not already a subscriber.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

I am in the UK, why I am forced to pay in dollars baffles me, but the point is that at the time it was £30 for a new subscriber and $40 for an existing fan (£32 at the time). Trying to make this point to U2 support proved less than successful and cost my priority access. I would be more cross at having to pay $50 compared to the uk rate!

• Community Moderator
20 minutes ago, dvdspence said:

I am in the UK, why I am forced to pay in dollars baffles me, but the point is that at the time it was £30 for a new subscriber and $40 for an existing fan (£32 at the time). Trying to make this point to U2 support proved less than successful and cost my priority access. I would be more cross at having to pay $50 compared to the uk rate!

You are not. You can switch it over to GBP

image.png

image.png

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Bit of false advertising there. Your post suggests by signing up you get ‘first access to ticket presales’

As you have 2 presale groups this is very misleading and factually incorrect..really it should say you will get day 2 access to the presale if you are not already a subscriber.

Hi Mods any chance of looking into this please. Please see my previous post 3 or four posts up.

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Subscriber

Oh for heavens sake give the Mods a break!  He said, she said, this said this, this said that....  it’s a stressful time, it’s emotive,  we all want tickets, we don’t want ‘new’ subscribers to get first dibs, we don’t want O2 or Citi members to get first/more etc etc.... but it is what it is.  I renew my subscription in a timely manner for lots of reasons but mainly for the opportunity to have a go at getting tickets at the earliest possible opportunity within the fan club guidelines.  It’s arenas this time, 2 tickets...I knew the chances of me getting them were slimmer than usual as demand far outstrips supply but I was prepared. I’d read the FAQ’s several times, I knew what I was letting myself in for and had set up a Denmark Ticketmaster account ahead of time.  I was relieved to get tickets to Copenhagen, my code appeared within the (sleepless) night before the presale (as it has done every single other time).  No dramas, just shaking hands as I input my card details, praying it wouldn’t crash.  If I hadn’t got tickets I would have tried for another venue/seat and if it wasn’t to be, I would have been frustrated and upset and accepted my fate either way.  It’s different if you didn’t get the code in time for no valid reason, I too would feel let down but so many times question after question is raised at the mods that was listed in the FAQ or things are having holes picked in them.  I am sure all this feedback does get taken forward.   We are here because we want to see U2, it matters hugely to us, it’s our life sometimes, it takes over but I am positive that no-one is deliberately trying to mislead us or rip us off.

• Like 4
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, mich40 said:

You are not. You can switch it over to GBP

image.png

image.png

Hi. That's the store, the subscription renewal only offered dollar for some reason. :-) Anyhoo, that boat has sailed, I will just have to pay up next time and stop being so tight!

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, BrunoDog said:

Oh for heavens sake give the Mods a break!  He said, she said, this said this, this said that....  it’s a stressful time, it’s emotive,  we all want tickets, we don’t want ‘new’ subscribers to get first dibs, we don’t want O2 or Citi members to get first/more etc etc.... but it is what it is.  I renew my subscription in a timely manner for lots of reasons but mainly for the opportunity to have a go at getting tickets at the earliest possible opportunity within the fan club guidelines.  It’s arenas this time, 2 tickets...I knew the chances of me getting them were slimmer than usual as demand far outstrips supply but I was prepared. I’d read the FAQ’s several times, I knew what I was letting myself in for and had set up a Denmark Ticketmaster account ahead of time.  I was relieved to get tickets to Copenhagen, my code appeared within the (sleepless) night before the presale (as it has done every single other time).  No dramas, just shaking hands as I input my card details, praying it wouldn’t crash.  If I hadn’t got tickets I would have tried for another venue/seat and if it wasn’t to be, I would have been frustrated and upset and accepted my fate either way.  It’s different if you didn’t get the code in time for no valid reason, I too would feel let down but so many times question after question is raised at the mods that was listed in the FAQ or things are having holes picked in them.  I am sure all this feedback does get taken forward.   We are here because we want to see U2, it matters hugely to us, it’s our life sometimes, it takes over but I am positive that no-one is deliberately trying to mislead us or rip us off.

Yes agree. It is what it is. And alot of questions are asked that are covered in FAQ. Not all realise at first and some did not get an email flagging these points up - the mods patience is immeasurable. IMO from reading the site, a lot of angst could actually be avoided by the simple management of expectations. 

And I think all accept these are first world problems! Getting an opportunity at tickets is better than nothing.  Easy to forget that. In fairness to those who are angry, it is easier to say you would have accepted not getting a ticket and taken it on the chin when you have secured one. That said very glad to hear you have got your tickets and it worked out. And good post to inject some perspective.

Edited by Cazza