Scottish Fans Are Ignored Again

• Subscriber

It a disgrace there are no Scottish dates, I've got tickets for the O2 but wasn't willing to pay the £190+ for decent seats so am probably sitting in the rafters. This will be my last U2 concert and I won't be renewing my membership, The band should hang there heads in shame for treating the fans this way after all its fans that put them were they are.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a shame there isn’t a far North region in the UK, like Scotland. I would have loved to go to Glasgow for a change.  At least there is Manchester rather than just London...but I don’t things it’s

on the positive side, be glad you got the Innocence tour  by the time U2 decide to tour Australia it will be 8 years since they last toured  if they do decide to tour Australia & New Zealand i

Still hoping for a Scottish show, my son wants to go see them, would be his first time, On the Simple Minds subject, their new album is getting some really good reviews, looks like they are conti

Posted Images

I've been gong since the Edinburgh Playhouse in 1983..  U2 used to have such a strong bond with their Scottish fans but that now appears to be lost as Scottish shows appear to be an afterthought.

There were doubts over the Popmart show going ahead (admittedly not the bands fault), the Elevation shows at the SECC were disgraceful they way they were only added after a 2nd Slane Castle was added + the rush announcement on sale 9am tomorrow, no Joshua Tree 30 show and now the feeling that we are only getting E&I shows if it can be worked out and suits their Belfast &Dublin plans.  

+ Hampden was terrible for Vertigo and 360..

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

I've been gong since the Edinburgh Playhouse in 1983..  U2 used to have such a strong bond with their Scottish fans but that now appears to be lost as Scottish shows appear to be an afterthought.

There were doubts over the Popmart show going ahead (admittedly not the bands fault), the Elevation shows at the SECC were disgraceful they way they were only added after a 2nd Slane Castle was added + the rush announcement on sale 9am tomorrow, no Joshua Tree 30 show and now the feeling that we are only getting E&I shows if it can be worked out and suits their Belfast &Dublin plans.  

So when was the last decent show?

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

the reason they added Glasgow Elevation last minute was because Bono's Dad was near death, and he was flying back and forth to his Dublin bedside after each concert on that European tour.  They were squeezed in to accommodate the grim reaper. It made those shows extremely memorable, as Bono was in some other headspace those nights. Second best glasgow shows i've ever seen, after Zooropa at Parkhead. 

if anyone is to blame for no show in glasgow this time it's kevin bridges. A month 'residency' at the hydro? how much money does one slightly funny chancer need? Manchester was ignored for the i+E tour, so fair dos... 

• Subscriber

Tiffanys for me but that was a long time ago.

ive got tickets for Manchester but I've been told the Joshua tour will come out again and will hit Glasgow in 2019?

before the Irish or after the Irish gigs they could have booked the hydro.

but remember they weren't playing Scotland and at the last minute booked the secc,so there is stil time.

• Subscriber

Still holding out hope and kept my various codes available for any future gigs. Still sore from missing last year but have heard a few rumours about the Joshua Tree Tour returning at some point.

MY best gig was Murrayfield for the Joshua Tree tour .. a festival for Scotland with Runrig, love and money, The Pogues and a very poor Mission, Celtic Park ZOO TV were good as was the SECC gig. Still loved my first gig at the Edinburgh Playhouse with staff trying to tell us we had to stay seated.

• Subscriber

Torag mo I'm also going to see the simple minds in the barrowlands and hmv a week on Friday for Charlie and Jim doing a signing session.

lets hope billy Sloan knows something we don't.

im sure they wil do at least 2 nights at the hydro