Scottish Fans Are Ignored Again

• Subscriber

Still hoping for a Scottish show, my son wants to go see them, would be his first time,

On the Simple Minds subject, their new album is getting some really good reviews, looks like they are continuing this late career burst of form, a bit of a renaissance.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a shame there isn’t a far North region in the UK, like Scotland. I would have loved to go to Glasgow for a change.  At least there is Manchester rather than just London...but I don’t things it’s

on the positive side, be glad you got the Innocence tour  by the time U2 decide to tour Australia it will be 8 years since they last toured  if they do decide to tour Australia & New Zealand i

Still hoping for a Scottish show, my son wants to go see them, would be his first time, On the Simple Minds subject, their new album is getting some really good reviews, looks like they are conti

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 22/01/2018 at 1:55 PM, Asterix said:

The first leg of the War tour in Glasgow

I think the second night of the ie tour in Glasgow was absolutely epic. The boys were pretty blown away too. Tis why I think they would do a date in Glasgow if logistics allowed.

Edited by Cazza
  • Subscriber

No hint of Scottish dates on presale e-mail I’ve received overnight, but states Irish gigs will be annnounced v soon. So a UK tour is now only 4 nights in 2 cities. Which unless you live in the north west of England or south east isn’t great. 

I think these 4 dates will be the lot for the UK.

• Subscriber

Thanks for posting . So so disappointed that no Scottish dates announced. We have been to every U2 concert - apart from last yr 30 Joshua Tree tour where Scotland was missed out. My husband is too ill to travel and  a huge effort to even get to Glasgow - from Kinross. Music has been our salvation throughout his illness. Don't think we will renew our memberships again. the boys have forgotten who put them up there at the beginning. 

• Subscriber

I think hydro will get at least 1 night if they don’t do London 3 and 4, Could be worse Wales hasn’t had a show since 360, Australia and NZ same, also Scotland and Wales is impacted by lack of venue, there isn’t one  big enough in Wales for indoor show (I’m not classing the millennium stadium as indoor when roof is closed) Scotland has the hydro (great arena btw) which is booked out through October, if shows are added be thankful and don’t moan about afterthoughts and lack of notice.

looks like Belfast is 31st Oct and 1st Nov, Dublin 5th and 6th Nov, still possible for late October dates or even after Dublin , I understand though Dublin does have a placeholder for 3/4 nights on 9th and 10th.

• Subscriber

the Millennium could easily have been used for i&e even with a reduced capacity, temporary stands. Certainly could have done a Joshua tree gig. And Edge is of welsh descent. No reason e&i tour couldn’t have been in Cardiff, Glasgow, birmingham etc.

U2 have done over 50 USA concerts in 2017-18 but only 6 (possibly7- 8 with Belfast) in the U.K. seems like they can’t be bothered with the U.K. anymore.

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Subscriber

Comparing UK to US isn't really like with like - a better comparison would be N America with Europe in terms of the distances people have to travel to get to their closest show.  Many individual European countries are getting just one city, many aren't being visited at all, so in that context having three locations within the UK Isn't unreasonable.  For the last two tours we had to go from N Wales down to London, but we turned them into a city break and had a bit of a holiday.

I suspect that had there been an available suitable venue further north than Manchester they might have gone there, but dates didn't work out.

• Subscriber

Europe is bigger than America by about 25% population wise yet got 12 JT shows whereas North America got 32. 

Mind you U2 do get a lot of hate in the U.K. and SOE hasn’t done very well so maybe that’s why.

I Went to London for JT and IE. May well go for Manchester on the Saturday this time we’ll see.

The Joshua Tree would have been awesome in Cardiff with the roof shut- shame it never happened. Got a double dose of Coldplay the next week instead. Which was excellent despite all the haters.

Its a shame Scotland haven’t got a gig to date. But Kevin Bridges has booked the SECC for nearly all of October and maybe that is why. Unless they go to Scotland after the Irish dates. 

And cardiffs arena is too small and the sound quality is appalling there. 

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Community Moderator
3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Europe is bigger than America by about 25% population wise yet got 12 JT shows whereas North America got 32. 

Mind you U2 do get a lot of hate in the U.K. and SOE hasn’t done very well so maybe that’s why.

I Went to London for JT and IE. May well go for Manchester on the Saturday this time we’ll see.

The Joshua Tree would have been awesome in Cardiff with the roof shut- shame it never happened. Got a double dose of Coldplay the next week instead. Which was excellent despite all the haters.

Its a shame Scotland haven’t got a gig to date. But Kevin Bridges has booked the SECC for nearly all of October and maybe that is why. Unless they go to Scotland after the Irish dates. 

And cardiffs arena is too small and the sound quality is appalling there. 

Keep in mind also that the US is huge compared to Europe. England is smaller than the state of Texas and all of Europe only would take up about a 1/3 of the space of the US.