Scottish Fans Are Ignored Again

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a shame there isn’t a far North region in the UK, like Scotland. I would have loved to go to Glasgow for a change.  At least there is Manchester rather than just London...but I don’t things it’s

on the positive side, be glad you got the Innocence tour  by the time U2 decide to tour Australia it will be 8 years since they last toured  if they do decide to tour Australia & New Zealand i

Still hoping for a Scottish show, my son wants to go see them, would be his first time, On the Simple Minds subject, their new album is getting some really good reviews, looks like they are conti

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 8 February 2018 at 3:58 PM, Pauli363 said:

The band are damned no matter what they do.  Simple fact is, they cannot go everywhere, and I would suggest they try and book venues that will allow a reasonable catchment area without major expense.

It costs peanuts to fly from Glasgow to Belfast for instance, and its about a 25 minute flight.

I do agree though that scotland deserves a gig.  Im in Belfast, but it was Scotland and Ireland mainly that got behind celtic lads like U2, Simple Minds, Big Country etc very early on.

Personally, if I was in a band, I would be busting to get playing Ireland and Scotland, best fans anywhere.

25 minute flight Paul but about a day travel from Belfast international! ? Did it for the stone roses last summer. It must be Glasgow to Prestwick in distance???

• Subscriber
On 2/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, bjhdrums said:

What have Scottish U2 fans done to deserve this?

What have done all the fans from the countries where U2 have never been to? Why do I have to travel abroad every single time I want to see U2 live? Sometimes they come to Scotland, sometime they don't. 

• Subscriber

Re: Kristaps reply.  I totally get your point, and actually thought twice about posting my comment for the very reason of all the other countries that U2 have NEVER visited.  I guess after U2's  rich history with my country, I don't want to see Scotland being consigned to a list of places they don't visit anymore.  As Bono sings in "Please" sometimes "You can only feel your own pain".  Sorry if my post has came across as being selfish.  You don't state where you come from, but hope you get to see the band in your country one day.  

• Subscriber

Scottish gigs are always special, having the celtic link and being just across the water, Bono always says how special it is when they come to Scotland and I believe some of his last words as he left the stage at the I & E second concert was something along the lines of we wont leave it so long the next time.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to ALWAYS have to travel to another country to see them!... this will only be the second time I have had to fly to England for a U2 concert, so I suppose in a way im lucky....... Just dissapointed that the hurrying back never happened for one reason or another.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, spongebob said:

Bono always says how special it is when they come to Scotland and I believe some of his last words as he left the stage at the I & E second concert was something along the lines of we wont leave it so long the next time.

I saw the Street Fighting Years tour in Dublin and Jim Kerr said those exact same words. 

Simple Minds skipped over Ireland on the following tour and didn't return until 1995.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, AlanScotland1 said:

That may be true generally. But Glasgow 2 in 2015 was a very special night. Regarded by many as one of , if not the best show of the European leg of i+e. And the simple reason was a raucous Scottish crowd.

Zurich 2 on the 360 in 2010 was the „show of the shows“. They haven’t played there since.

It doesn’t mean anything if a show was good. Btw London 2 and Manchester 2 are still not sold out.