Scottish Fans Are Ignored Again

• Subscriber

I realise they can't play everywhere but I just feel there are certain European countries that should always be on every major tour whether by fanbase, history, tradition etc...

Ireland, England, France, Italy, Belgium/Holland, Spain and Germany.

Scotland was a core country, going back to the early 80s, until the last two tours ....so I think there is a case for Scotland being a bit more disappointed than most.

Edited by AlanScotland1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a shame there isn’t a far North region in the UK, like Scotland. I would have loved to go to Glasgow for a change.  At least there is Manchester rather than just London...but I don’t things it’s

on the positive side, be glad you got the Innocence tour  by the time U2 decide to tour Australia it will be 8 years since they last toured  if they do decide to tour Australia & New Zealand i

Still hoping for a Scottish show, my son wants to go see them, would be his first time, On the Simple Minds subject, their new album is getting some really good reviews, looks like they are conti

Posted Images

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, AlanScotland1 said:

I realise they can't play everywhere but I just feel there are certain European countries that should always be on every major tour whether by fanbase, history, tradition etc...

Ireland, England, France, Italy, Belgium/Holland, Spain and Germany.

Scotland was a core country, going back to the early 80s, until the last two tours ....so I think there is a case for Scotland being a bit more disappointed than most.

Remember the 360 tour in 2010.

they didn’t visit Ireland, UK, Netherlands. That was crazy.

• Subscriber

But they did play those countries during the same tour.

Just checked u2gigs. Scotland is the 7th most played country in Europe.

And all six countries above them are getting shows each tour. 

Although in a way I'm hoping they don't announce now as I'm sure like a lot of Scots , I've made other arrangements now and am going to other shows across Europe

Some people might not be so lucky.

Edited by AlanScotland1
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 15/02/2018 at 6:28 PM, spacko said:

Remember the 360 tour in 2010.

they didn’t visit Ireland, UK, Netherlands. That was crazy.

That is right and folk were peeved. Guess aside a few. Ities (eg Paris) the 3rd leg of the 360 tour went to different cities in Europe than leg 1.

• Subscriber
On 12/02/2018 at 10:39 AM, bjhdrums said:

Re: Kristaps reply.  I totally get your point, and actually thought twice about posting my comment for the very reason of all the other countries that U2 have NEVER visited.  I guess after U2's  rich history with my country, I don't want to see Scotland being consigned to a list of places they don't visit anymore.  As Bono sings in "Please" sometimes "You can only feel your own pain".  Sorry if my post has came across as being selfish.  You don't state where you come from, but hope you get to see the band in your country one day.  

More power to you for the self reflection. Totes agree it is cery disappointing re Scotland. But alot to do with Kevin Bridges having a months residence at the SSE Hydro. Perhaps a Scottish date will be announced yet. Or perhaps on another leg. 

• Subscriber
On 14/02/2018 at 11:49 PM, AlanScotland1 said:

That may be true generally. But Glasgow 2 in 2015 was a very special night. Regarded by many as one of , if not the best show of the European leg of i+e. And the simple reason was a raucous Scottish crowd.

Agree. Glasgow 2 was epic. Better than a Dublin show I went to. I think they would come to Glasgow if they could. Kevin Bridges SSE Hydro residency does not help logistics. Perhaps they will be another European leg to come. Whatever happens, Scotland should feel lucky they come to town during most tours. JT tour was put together v quickly so they were only ever going to play a limited amount of cities then. Band are also older and cannot fit as many dates in as they once would have done.

• Subscriber

Actually looking at the events at the Glasgow Hydro there is nothing currently between 28th October and 10th November - there may be some shows still to be announced. It would be possible for U2 to play Belfast then play Glasgow then play Dublin - they currently have a gap of  7 days between the last Belfast show on the 28th October and the first Dublin show on the 5th November

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Given up hope of any Scottish concerts now and basically questioning whether I should keep paying for the website when getting tickets was always the major motivation.