Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wahine

I am a Republican

Baffled...Do not ever put me in a BOX...I am Southern, I am a Mother, My first grandchild was just born DURING HURRICANE IRMA HERE IN FLORIDA, I could not go to the hospital BECAUSE OUR CAUSEWAY WAS CLOSED TO THE MAINLAND. She was born on 9/11. My son in law is a combat wounded US MARINE and a freaking police officer in the Chicago area. One thing I make clear to everyone, MY FATHER WAS OUR SENATOR HERE, he died in office 15 years ago TODAY. So, now that I got that over with...I am not impressed with the VIDEO AT ALL but the one thing I REFUSE TO DO IS GET ON THIS HATE ON U2 BANDWAGON...It honestly feels like a REPEAT of Bono calling the White House, that stupid madness back in the day. It is what it is....It's one thing to play into all this stupid social media crap, it's a whole different BEAST that calls for a BOYCOTT OF MUSIC. No thank you!!!! I don't boycott against Music. Seriously, for all these leaders FREAKING OUT over a VIDEO AND SONG---This Southern Mama knows the enemy, it's NOT A SONG. IT'S NOT FREE SPEECH. It's those that call for bans or boycotts of Music. You can do whatever pesonally, I dont care.....If SOMEONE UP THERE calls for Bans of Concerts, Music, Arts, ETC. They just as quickly will call for more and more....I AM TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME NOW....If the MACHINE thinks they can put folks into boxes by their Political Affiliation they will just as easily SHUT THAT BOX AND WRAP IT UP WITH DUCTTAPE....No BOXES, No LABELS, I am 100% AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will listen to U2 when I want, I will go to U2 concerts WHEN I WANT, I will BUY U2 MUSIC WHEN I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And spit in the face of anyone who tells me I can't or I shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, wahine said:

Baffled...Do not ever put me in a BOX...I am Southern, I am a Mother, My first grandchild was just born DURING HURRICANE IRMA HERE IN FLORIDA, I could not go to the hospital BECAUSE OUR CAUSEWAY WAS CLOSED TO THE MAINLAND. She was born on 9/11. My son in law is a combat wounded US MARINE and a freaking police officer in the Chicago area. One thing I make clear to everyone, MY FATHER WAS OUR SENATOR HERE, he died in office 15 years ago TODAY. So, now that I got that over with...I am not impressed with the VIDEO AT ALL but the one thing I REFUSE TO DO IS GET ON THIS HATE ON U2 BANDWAGON...It honestly feels like a REPEAT of Bono calling the White House, that stupid madness back in the day. It is what it is....It's one thing to play into all this stupid social media crap, it's a whole different BEAST that calls for a BOYCOTT OF MUSIC. No thank you!!!! I don't boycott against Music. Seriously, for all these leaders FREAKING OUT over a VIDEO AND SONG---This Southern Mama knows the enemy, it's NOT A SONG. IT'S NOT FREE SPEECH. It's those that call for bans or boycotts of Music. You can do whatever pesonally, I dont care.....If SOMEONE UP THERE calls for Bans of Concerts, Music, Arts, ETC. They just as quickly will call for more and more....I AM TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME NOW....If the MACHINE thinks they can put folks into boxes by their Political Affiliation they will just as easily SHUT THAT BOX AND WRAP IT UP WITH DUCTTAPE....No BOXES, No LABELS, I am 100% AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will listen to U2 when I want, I will go to U2 concerts WHEN I WANT, I will BUY U2 MUSIC WHEN I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And spit in the face of anyone who tells me I can't or I shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your passion, I'm sure there are many Republican U2 fans. I'm an Aussie and it's not an Australian thing to identify yourself with a political party. the currant PM Malcolm Turnbull & opposition leader Bill Shorten both fall short of what I would like in a Prime Minister of Australia. my main miff is that our returned veterans are not being taken care of, we have lost more young men & women through suicide after returning home than we did in Afghanistan & Iraq! :angry: this is very dear to my heart as like most of these returned veterans I have PTSD. I'm not a veteran but have PTSD due to a different trauma that I went through. the Australian government & the VA has blood on it's hands. our young vets need help! and mental illness is not being addressed in our country as well.

about the GOOYOW video, I don't like the song, it's as weak as piss. then when I watched the video I was quite disgusted, fecking KKK walking past the White House, men returning home from work in a KKK clown outfit. wtf? to me that just blankets many Americans a racists, ie: if you voted for Trump you're a racist and I think that is far from the truth. now some Americans may not like my input as I'm not a yank but I think U2 need to...

Get Off Of Your High Horse... ahh ahh aha ah :Zoo_Baby: just my opinion of course  beer.gif.40f2c5e96db3052daceb5252d816df99.gif

The video was a huge mistake on U2's part.  There will be many, many people who disassociate themselves from the band because of it.

It was ignorant, insulting, and extremely small-minded for the band to endorse such a ridiculous video. 

It might be an effort to appeal to the millennial crowd who despise them so much and also despise the Trump administration.  (The enemy of my enemy is my friend.)  But at best it's a complete sell-out on the band's part and I hope they issue an apology.  But they won't.

I, for one, don't see why so many people have their panties in a twist over the video. Is it because of Trump and his KKK buddies? 

21 hours ago, drumu2 said:

The video was a huge mistake on U2's part.  There will be many, many people who disassociate themselves from the band because of it.

It was ignorant, insulting, and extremely small-minded for the band to endorse such a ridiculous video. 

It might be an effort to appeal to the millennial crowd who despise them so much and also despise the Trump administration.  (The enemy of my enemy is my friend.)  But at best it's a complete sell-out on the band's part and I hope they issue an apology.  But they won't.

agree.

28 minutes ago, Kristaps said:

I, for one, don't see why so many people have their panties in a twist over the video. Is it because of Trump and his KKK buddies? 

the quote below is from my post above...

about the GOOYOW video, I don't like the song, it's as weak as piss. then when I watched the video I was quite disgusted, fecking KKK walking past the White House, men returning home from work in a KKK clown outfit. wtf? to me that just blankets many Americans a racists, ie: if you voted for Trump you're a racist and I think that is far from the truth. now some Americans may not like my input as I'm not a yank but I think U2 need to...

you say "Trump and his KKK buddies" < you've just shown that you don't like Trump so the video is fine. I'm coming from the point of view of an outsider and this video is an insult to America. like, oh now the KKK can walk down the street again and the guy can come home from work in his stupid KKK clown outfit. for crying out loud, as I said in my first post, this video basically says Trump voters are KKK. now whether U2 actually think that? because they have to know they have fans that voted for Trump. this video is a dumb choice, just my 2 Aussie cents. Trampoline.gif.3ddfed058f2955978f485a6231f3b34c.gif

20 hours ago, johnbrewer said:

i imagine the band is starting to get the message. 25 arena shows and only one sold out. 

is this in the USA alone? I'm sure most of the tickets have sold. if not maybe it's the cost?

Hmmm, GOOYOW... Didn’t think much of the song UNTIL the video came out. Loved seeing it on Rage the other night (how often does Rage play U2? Hardly ever!).

I think the GOOYOW video is a warning bell about the rise of the far right, using America as an illustration of a growing trend in lots of countries. They could have used a different country, but U2 do seem to have a rather intense long-standing love for America. Having never been to America, I’ve never really understood U2’s obsession with America, but I think American Soul explains it a little bit.

Still, I do prefer their non-American songs. AND I do like their ‘political’ side, making music that has something to say, not just specky noise. Guess that’s why I became a fan after hearing Pride and why I like Summer of Love and RFD...

On 1/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, johnbrewer said:

i imagine the band is starting to get the message. 25 arena shows and only one sold out. 

Them not selling out the US has nothing to do with politics... Theyve always been political, thats nothing new. They're not selling out the US due to prices. $350 for lower level seats is whats keeping people away.