• Subscriber

Hi All,

I have been going to U2 gigs since 2001 and am a huge fan. Ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time about three years back but I sucked that up. What I am annoyed about, however, is that my presale ticket numbers have been reduced from 4 tickets to 2 tickets. This was not clear before I renewed my subscription so I think it was a bit sneaky. I always bought tickets for two gigs and went to both gigs, now it seems from the forum, I will find it hard to get reasonably priced tickets for Dublin and I won't get to go to a European show either. Anyone else wondering why they pay their membership if this is how we are treated by the band? 

Edited by Evelyn Kelly
Title of post wrong
  • Community Manager
39 minutes ago, Evelyn Kelly said:

Hi All,

I have been going to U2 gigs since 2001 and am a huge fan. Ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time about three years back but I sucked that up. What I am annoyed about, however, is that my presale ticket numbers have been reduced from 4 tickets to 2 tickets. This was not clear before I renewed my subscription so I think it was a bit sneaky. I always bought tickets for two gigs and went to both gigs, now it seems from the forum, I will find it hard to get reasonably priced tickets for Dublin and I won't get to go to a European show either. Anyone else wondering why they pay their membership if this is how we are treated by the band? 

has been subscriber 2 ticket limit for last few indoor tours

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
16 minutes ago, bigwave said:
55 minutes ago, Evelyn Kelly said:

has been subscriber 2 ticket limit for last few indoor tours

Yes - I’m pretty sure it’s 4 tickets for stadiums and 2 for indoor arenas. The arenas are waaay smaller. Makes sense. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeirdreBell said:

Yes - I’m pretty sure it’s 4 tickets for stadiums and 2 for indoor arenas. The arenas are waaay smaller. Makes sense. 

Has been that way on every tour (2 in arenas, 4 in stadiums) since at least the Vertigo tour in 2005.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Evelyn Kelly said:

Hi All,

I have been going to U2 gigs since 2001 and am a huge fan. Ended up in the Innocence group because I forgot to renew in time about three years back but I sucked that up. What I am annoyed about, however, is that my presale ticket numbers have been reduced from 4 tickets to 2 tickets. This was not clear before I renewed my subscription so I think it was a bit sneaky.  

I do think people who have been subscribers for years who had a small lapse should be Experience members. Not like you signed up yesterday. If you let membership lapse for over a year fair enough bit not if you did not. For previous tours if you were signed up BEFORE the tour announcement you got priority access even if you had a small lapse. Note the change for this tour. 

Yip been 2 tickets for indoor shows for a while but the rule about not being able to split your codes sneakly changed. Another change...

• Subscriber

9 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I do think people who have been subscribers for years who had a small lapse should be Experience members. Not like you signed up yesterday. If you let membership lapse for over a year fair enough bit not if you did not.

I'll have to disagree. As someone who hasn't let their subscription lapse for 10+ years without missing a day, who was a subscriber on the previous site version from Vertigo tour days, I think that the moment you let is lapse, you lose your seniority. 

13 minutes ago, Cazza said:

For previous tours if you were signed up BEFORE the tour announcement you got priority access even if you had a small lapse. Note the change for this tour. 

There really isn't a change for this tour compared to I+E and TJT tours. Anyone who was a paid member at a certain cut-off date was put in the first presale group; anyone who joined after - 2nd group. It was really similar to the current model even during 360 tour. Anyone who was a paid member at a certain cut-off date was in first presale group, and anyone who resubbed/joined after were put in newer groups. The only difference was that there were more groups for recent joiners/resubscribers... something like 3 or 4 groups in total: oldest members, people who joined after tour was announce, people who joined  when tickets went on sale. So really, for the last several tours it been the same model. 

What I would like them to have is more recognition to subscribers who are paying members tour or no tour, non stop. As an example, introduce another pre-sale tier for people, say, who have been subscribed since the last tour (and maybe include an extra ticket or two ;-) ). It would be a nice way for the band and management to show appreciation. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 29/01/2018 at 3:22 PM, funghi said:

Nice post, bigwave, at least a small bearing...............:unsure::unsure::unsure:

or maybe I don't get it:o

2 hours ago, Kristaps said:

I'll have to disagree. As someone who hasn't let their subscription lapse for 10+ years without missing a day, who was a subscriber on the previous site version from Vertigo tour days, I think that the moment you let is lapse, you lose your seniority. 

There really isn't a change for this tour compared to I+E and TJT tours. Anyone who was a paid member at a certain cut-off date was put in the first presale group; anyone who joined after - 2nd group. It was really similar to the current model even during 360 tour. Anyone who was a paid member at a certain cut-off date was in first presale group, and anyone who resubbed/joined after were put in newer groups. The only difference was that there were more groups for recent joiners/resubscribers... something like 3 or 4 groups in total: oldest members, people who joined after tour was announce, people who joined  when tickets went on sale. 

There has been a change. Those who had signed up by a certain date are being retrospectively penalised for a lapse that occurred before a cut off period. Read the boards. Says it all. All the "rules" have changed for this presale.

Yes tough love and all that but there are some who have subscribed for years who had a good reason for a small lapse (eg bereavement or illness). I don't think those long term fans should be in the same position as someone who signed up yesterday. If you were struck down with illness and in hospital and your account lapsed, you may feel the same way to be downgraded to an "innocent member". 

Maybe even allowing folk a month's grace would help. I have some tickets so fine for me but I just feel bad for some who are v disappointed. But that is life.?? 

Edited by Cazza
  • Subscriber

I think the problem this time is there must be loads of subscribers right now than usual.

the joshua tree Tour would have seen loads of subscribers added to get tickets from people like myself only sign up when an album is due.

the Joshua tree tour caught people like us out because it was announced out of the blue on a Christmas message in 2016 if I recall correctly. I think bono said something about special JT shows iirc. I resubscribed around this time.

hence this is the cut off between experience an innocence and as subscriber numbers are currently swollen after last years stadium tour the innocence presale has been utter hell for both the innocence subscribers and the mods on here alikewith a limited capacity indoor show.