Sign in to follow this  
zoodog1

E+ i tour

Expensive  or impossible, subscribers pre-sale has been farcical. The prices of most of the seating tickets are beyond belief, I never thought I would see the day when U2 fleeced their fans with such extortionate prices. If the prices are any way reflective of the price of the L.E.D screens then fuck 'em off. We don't go to concerts to watch T.V. do we now.

I have to disagree completely.

I might be 'born under a lucky star', but the two Experience pre-sale codes we had, gave us the ticket we wanted for Vegas and LA, at a more than fair price compared to most other GA tickets i purchased in the last couple of years. I looked at the seated prices and did not find them outrageous either compared to other artists.

I go to see my absolute favorite band in the world, but from my perspective the LED screen gave an extra dimension to the i+E tour, and even though I disagree with you comment on expensive prices I have to say I would be willing to pay more to get the extra dimension to some amazing U2 songs. 

• Like 2

Well I  am  in the U.K. GA tickets were showing unavailable  minutes after going on sale . Which were priced reasonably. If you think that £440 for  two seats in row Z is not outrageous, then you must have more money than sense.

As for the screens ,I guess people have different tastes.I myself am old school and feel that they detract from the intimicy of the show.

• Like 1

I have plenty of sense - thank you for the concern though, but yes I have a large U2 budget in touring year as it is a priority to me.

I would not pay that price for seated tickets, but it does not change the fact that it is the going rate these days, does not matter if it is U2, Muse, Justin Timberlake or whoever you want to see, you cannot blame it on the stage set-up.

It was clear from the beginning that a lot of fan club members would be disappointed and not get the tickets they dreamed of. Especially the Innocence Group where a number of people signed-up when the tour was announced, and with the Arena capacity, the number of tickets available to the Fan Club must of course be limited.

6 hours ago, rikkealber said:

I have plenty of sense - thank you for the concern though, but yes I have a large U2 budget in touring year as it is a priority to me.

I would not pay that price for seated tickets, but it does not change the fact that it is the going rate these days, does not matter if it is U2, Muse, Justin Timberlake or whoever you want to see, you cannot blame it on the stage set-up.

It was clear from the beginning that a lot of fan club members would be disappointed and not get the tickets they dreamed of. Especially the Innocence Group where a number of people signed-up when the tour was announced, and with the Arena capacity, the number of tickets available to the Fan Club must of course be limited.

I rest my case.

Edited by zoodog1
error

Just my opinion guys but I'd love to see U2 play arenas in the round. Screens wouldn't be needed as every seat would have a view of the stage. Also I think that there is a large part of the back catalogue that goes untouched while the band rely on the same songs over and over to fill out the set list. Wasn't it great to see them bust out "Two Hearts Beat As One," briefyly on the I+E tour?

A stripped down production, fan friendly ticket prices and seldom played songs back in the set. That's what I dream of when I lay my head on my pillow.

✌ 

Exactly. I went to see another of my favourite bands, The Specials, at the Ricoh arena a few years ago. Just the band on stage with a little lighting. The atmosphere was electric, one of the best gigs I have ever been to.

15 hours ago, rikkealber said:

I wonder, would you be so nonchelant and  dismissive if you were unable to aquire tickets to the shows that you wanted to go to ? I see you have multiple tickets for several shows and I cannot fault you for that.(I wish I could go globetrotting with U2).But when you are 3 minutes into a presale and the only tickets that are available are £200+ , for your local (ish) area , I think you have a right to be a little bit pissed.Even more so if you saved your code for Dublin and used it for tickets for the Monday-Tuesday shows only to be informed just 8 or 9 hours later that there would be shows on the Friday and Saturday.

Edited by zoodog1
added content

Hey Zoodog, that does sound quite frustrating and disheartening ☹️

My tip: move to Australia: it’s very cheap and hassle-free to be a U2 fan here. No tours to worry about, no live streaming from HBO etc., just buy an album every 3 to 5 years! And if you’re lucky you can get up at 3:00am to catch a Periscope streamcast of a U2 show - if you don’t mind lags and dropouts due to our pathetic national broadband network... ?

• Haha 1

I do feel for you guys down under, I really do. I hope they will remember your part of the earth preety soon. I remember recording the lovetown documentry on the B.B.C.. whicj was filmed in oz. Watched it many, many, times ,until one day my mother recorded Coronation Street over the top of it!:o Fingers ctossed for you though for a tour sometime in the near future.