• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Thanks my main concerns are not the pre sales but this is an interesting insight for sure comments about making sure real fans get the tickets ,how many real fans can afford Platinum GA at £300 plus 

That’s not correct. GA tix are 70 pounds and the most expensive regular tickets are 190 pounds.

Edited by spacko
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I would be more than happy for them to go without this amazing, all singing , all dancing, super LED, etc, etc screen and just have the band and maybe a less technological screen or two and

The band are now putting their name to these Platinum tickets being sold by Ticketmaster (see image at the end of my post)  and it is making me sick to my core . Of all the bands out there and as a fa

They need to get back to sensible ticket pricing the positive PR they would get out of such a move would force other bands to reconsider their questionable ticketing practices . They should take a loo

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Perhaps i am being naive but to me  U2 have always stood for Justice and Fairness throughout their career i remember sleeping on the street for reasonably priced tickets back in the 80's (cos i am an old git :)) does anyone think that selling Platinum tickets at £400 plus a pop  is Just or Fair when the real fans have spent their time trying to get them in pre sales open sales retail sales etc ,only to find when they sell out Ticket Bastard put them back on sale ,if you notice also the platinum ones never came on sale until after the open sale sold out its an absolute scam :angry:

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

I think it's fair to say that the very high ticket prices have annoyed fans. I love U2, but I don't care what anyone says, nobody is worth asking fans to pay crazy money for ONE TICKET. Pre sales are scams. I have being a member many times on and off over the years, yet someone can log on for the first time the night before a presale and be in the same group as me? Experience groups used their codes only to fine out that 2 more Dublin nights are happening? That cannot be fair. ARE U2 losing touch?

Edited by johnnyboy1
  • Like 2
  • Subscriber

Regarding the Oseary communication it would be nice to know if there had been any further contact between him and the signatories to the original letter.  As the U2.Com/Zootopia Community Managers were among those signatories maybe they could confirm whether or not there has been any follow up.

• Like 1
  • Community Manager
16 hours ago, dermo said:

Regarding the Oseary communication it would be nice to know if there had been any further contact between him and the signatories to the original letter.  As the U2.Com/Zootopia Community Managers were among those signatories maybe they could confirm whether or not there has been any follow up.

I think it opened a channel... we will have to wait and see how that pans out.

• Subscriber

The pre sale fiasco is one thing but my main issues in the original post are these platinum tickets that didn't go on sale until after the best tickets had been sold both seating and standing . This really does call into question the integrity of the band ,to allow their ticketing partners/management  to cream off the best tickets then sell them at vastily inflated prices after real fans have gone through the "mill" to try and obtain  them is just WRONG on so many levels. 

I may be again be  a little naive but if the 4 members in the band knew exactly what was going on surely they wouldn't condone this, i again call on them to DO THE RIGHT THING and sort this scam out THE BAND NEED TO ACT  

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 2/12/2018 at 9:52 PM, johnnyboy1 said:

I think it's fair to say that the very high ticket prices have annoyed fans. I love U2, but I don't care what anyone says, nobody is worth asking fans to pay crazy money for ONE TICKET. Pre sales are scams. I have being a member many times on and off over the years, yet someone can log on for the first time the night before a presale and be in the same group as me? Experience groups used their codes only to fine out that 2 more Dublin nights are happening? That cannot be fair. ARE U2 losing touch?

They need to get back to sensible ticket pricing the positive PR they would get out of such a move would force other bands to reconsider their questionable ticketing practices . They should take a look at what younger bands are doing 

• Like 2
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, bigwave said:

I think it opened a channel... we will have to wait and see how that pans out.

Thanks for the response bigwave and for your and the other moderators work on this forum.  I have to admit I was/am sceptical about Osearys motives.  If nothing else it will be a test of his bona fides .  If something does develop it's important that it embraces as broad a group of fans as is possible.  It would be unfortunate if the impression is formed that an 'elite clique' of fans have access to 'the top'.

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, dermo said:

Thanks for the response bigwave and for your and the other moderators work on this forum.  I have to admit I was/am sceptical about Osearys motives.  If nothing else it will be a test of his bona fides .  If something does develop it's important that it embraces as broad a group of fans as is possible.  It would be unfortunate if the impression is formed that an 'elite clique' of fans have access to 'the top'.

good points. I know he is active on social media / at shows talking to fans at length, sometimes getting in touch directly on various things.