Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dazed and confused

Ticketing Rip Off The Band Need To Act

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, bigwave said:

good points. I know he is active on social media / at shows talking to fans at length, sometimes getting in touch directly on various things. 

That's encouraging to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think U2 has completely sold out all their US shows yet, which they Might have if the pre-sales via their website went smoothly, with more consideration for their fans (who don’t have CitiBank cards) And with a bit lower ticket prices. I don’t know of anyone anymore who can Now afford to see more than one show- the greed of corporate LiveNation is killing the band And the fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree with dazed and confused. The prices now are extortionate. GA is reasonable but they are limited in number and what if you can't/don't want to stand? I wanted to take my daughters to their first ever U2 gig but they are too young to stand and there is no way I can afford to buy seats for all 3 of us. The pre sale code used to give you first shout on pretty much any tickets but now even that is limited because a whole bunch of tickets are also reserved for Citibank priority, O2 priority etc etc. Then there is this ridiculous "Platinum Seating" where they hold them back and then sell ordinary tickets at stupid, unaffordable prices.

U2 as a band could and should do something about this. It seems to me that they are either unaware of this or are ignoring their fans because from what I can see in all of these forums and across social media, loyal U2 fans are voicing their disapproval and even stopping buying tickets/terminating their memberships. After this tour, I for one am definitely stopping my paid membership of U2.com. Why should I pay $50 in order to get a chance to buy seats that then cost a further £200 plus charges? Once I am out of U2.com, I will simply try and buy GA tickets through the normal channels and if this fails I will simply have to forfeit seeing my favourite band in concert. As a fan since 1985 and having seen them 15 times in various different countries, I feel saddened by this situation and let down by the band. I tweeted Guy Oseary and received no response and he sent that one response that we've all seen which to me was just a token gesture and nothing has changed as a result of it.

U2 HAS TO ACT NOW. They are losing the love and respect of many of us. The new album is great but these ticket prices are disgusting. ACT NOW BOYS, PLEASE.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, dazed and confused said:

Real fans can afford Platinum GA at £300 plus

  May I ask what platinum GAs are?  GAs were GAs in America.  There was Red Zone and GAs.  How can there be platinum GAs?  That makes no sense.  Do they get you into the venue before everyone else?  I'm very interested in this.  Any info would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 4:44 AM, dazed and confused said:

They need to get back to sensible ticket pricing the positive PR they would get out of such a move would force other bands to reconsider their questionable ticketing practices . They should take a look at what younger bands are doing 

Do you think they can continue to innovate with technologically wondrous tours without charging what they are charging?  I do not.  I'm not defending these prices.  I think it may be a case of it is what it is.  It costs $160 to see a Bulls game in Chicago.  It costs $225 to see the Blackhawks and be in good seats.  Chung Yang, (guessing the spelling) costs $140 and that's a generic Chinese travel group.  It's at least $150 to see the opera.  The current touring production of Les Miz is $141.  The internet is full of articles about how insanely expensive it is to go see a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

There is a thread (maybe this one) which has three links that lead to interesting articles. Some countries are now considering the limitation of how much a person can mark up a ticket for resale.  One country is trying to make it only 10%.  They are good articles if you can find them. I've read arguments that the secondary ticket market is driving up basal ticket prices.  It certainly is not helping.  I'm hoping that they can figure out how to make sure the GAs get into the hands of fanclub members during presales before they become available for others. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

  May I ask what platinum GAs are?  GAs were GAs in America.  There was Red Zone and GAs.  How can there be platinum GAs?  That makes no sense.  Do they get you into the venue before everyone else?  I'm very interested in this.  Any info would be appreciated.

They are basically holding back premium tickets both seats and standing then when they are sold out they put these tickets back on sale label them as "Platinum" and rack up the price by 300% IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Are you in America or Europe?  I can not tell by your profile.  GA is GA by me.  There is no platinum GA.  Am I missing something?  Is it different by you?  The only thing platinum that we have are seats.

There is no platinum GA now but when they first started selling there was in the UK/EIR  ,it really make no differance GA or Seats U2 should not be putting its name to this at best shady practice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The band need a reality check they stand for alot more than most groups   and  put their head above the parapet when it is necessary ,but on this issue of continually rising ticket prices to levels most ordinary fans can't afford and then rubbing their noses in it with Platinum Tickets they are strangely quiet.

I don't want to hear from their manager i want to hear from the band ,they are big enough and ugly enough :D to demand promoters /ticket partners give their fans a fair deal or take it into their own hands and run it themselves ,engage with fans and above all DO THE RIGHT THING    DO THE U2 THING .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Do you think they can continue to innovate with technologically wondrous tours without charging what they are charging?  I do not.  I'm not defending these prices.  I think it may be a case of it is what it is.  It costs $160 to see a Bulls game in Chicago.  It costs $225 to see the Blackhawks and be in good seats.  Chung Yang, (guessing the spelling) costs $140 and that's a generic Chinese travel group.  It's at least $150 to see the opera.  The current touring production of Les Miz is $141.  The internet is full of articles about how insanely expensive it is to go see a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

There is a thread (maybe this one) which has three links that lead to interesting articles. Some countries are now considering the limitation of how much a person can mark up a ticket for resale.  One country is trying to make it only 10%.  They are good articles if you can find them. I've read arguments that the secondary ticket market is driving up basal ticket prices.  It certainly is not helping.  I'm hoping that they can figure out how to make sure the GAs get into the hands of fanclub members during presales before they become available for others. 

Personally I would be more than happy for them to go without this amazing, all singing , all dancing, super LED, etc, etc screen and just have the band and maybe a less technological screen or two and then drop the prices by at least 30%. I'm there for U2, not technology.

Edited by Mark Bentman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mark Bentman said:

Personally I would be more than happy for them to go without this amazing, all singing , all dancing, super LED, etc, etc screen and just have the band and maybe a less technological screen or two and then drop the prices by at least 30%. I'm there for U2, not technology.

Have to agree on that they don't need the wow factor anymore i am fookin 52 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.