TICKET FIASCO!!!!

baz1973

• Subscriber

IS THERE ANY OTHER U2 FANS HERE AS ANGRY AS I AM OVER THE TICKET SALES IN IRELAND? I QUEUED ALL NIGHT AND WAS FIRST IN THE QUEUE FOR TICKETS ONLY TO BE TOLD AT8AM THAT ALL THE GEN ADMISSION TICKETS FOR SAT NITE AND A LOT OF OTHER PREMIUM TICKETS WERE ALSO GONE!! HOW CAN THIS BE?? WE WERE TOLD THAT THE U2.COM PAIDSUBSCRIBERS HAD ALL BUT WIPED OUT A LOT OF THE BETTER TICKETS. DOES THIS MEAN THAT THOSE OF US WHO CANNOT AFFORD THE LUXURY TO PAY TO BE A 'FAN' OF ABAND IVE BEEN A FAN OF FOR 22 YEARS CAN BE TREATED LIKE 2ND CLASS FANS???? WHILE I UNDERSTAND THAT THE BAND MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PLEASE FANS, I FEEL THAT ITWAS EXTREMELY UNFAIR ON THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO HAD TO QUEUE FOR TICKETS THAT WERENT EVEN THERE!!! A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE LEFT VERY DISAPPOINTED ON A MORNING THATWE ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN SMILING AFTER A GREAT NIGHT MIXING WITH AND TALKING TO U2 FANS..... while i managed to get tickets for the fri nite show, i couldnt gettickets id have preferred and had to make do even tho i was 1st in line. im delighted to have got tickets but theres a bitter aftertaste after such a high.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

many thanks for your offer but i got tickets for the fri nite. was just trying to make the point that a lot of fans were left out in the cold due to pre sales.unfair in my opinion.

• Subscriber

i don't queue for U2 tickets anymore after Vertigo tour, where the box office was using the same database as people sat at home acessing ticketmaster andit all went belly-up. I queued for ten hours and left empty handed. i'd rather renew my membership, it's worth the cash - but then again i don'tget out much ;)

• Subscriber

I suppose that the times are a changing :) but why bother putting tickets on sale through outlets if online customers get priority? The lure of a presalecertainly worked in upping membership revenue no doubt! eek.gif

Maybe they should have made it clearer and told people not to queue - but to be fair this is 2009 and queueing all night when we have the internet seems a bitmad.

• Subscriber

hey now, i never said i wanted or deserved special treatment just cos am from ireland!! i agree that the $50 is worth the money to get tickets but i stillthink its unfair to tell people that they've been queueing for non existent tickets!

• Subscriber

Unfortunately you cant please everyone. Someone, somewhere will always be disappointed. I think a number of GA and other tickets should've been reservedfor Fans queuing outside Croke Park tho.

On the Vertigo Tour touts paid people to camp outside stadiums and buy their full allocation of tickets. I suppose allowing U2.com subscribers to get the besttickets first is an attempt to stop touts by logging all the details. Having never queued for tickets at an outlet I'm assuming that you can buy withcash.

• Subscriber

i totally agree that you cant please everyone all the time but why should we queue to be told to 'make do'? esp when first in line... but now to getthe tickets i wanted i will go to a 'scalper' and pay over the odds again so that i can be at the same show with my friends so who wins there?