Sign in to follow this  
bonobabypussycat

What song can you live without ever hearing live again by the band?

On 4/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, bonobabypussycat said:

With this current tour coming up it will be my 8th tour in a row I have been to...and I gotta say...if I never hear Bullet again I wouldn't mind...

I'm ok with Bullet, love the bass/drum groove played loud.

But I could really do without the extended rant Bono has stuck into it. On the i+e tour the "young man on the other side of the barrier," speal actually made me cringe. The JT30 version was much better as he kept faithful to the album version more or less.

I'd be content if this tour focused on SOI and SOE with maybe a few Rattle & Hum songs done in the encore.

On 4/12/2018 at 5:23 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Best live bullet is the zoo tv version imho

I think anything from Zoo Tv is the best version especailly Running To Stand Still 

• Like 2

I'd be okay if they never played the big 2 from ATYCLB and Vertigo.  Theres so many more songs with great substance that their REAL fanbase would appreciate more IMO.  They treat those three like its WTSHNN....

On 4/11/2018 at 4:00 AM, spongebob said:

Pride and One both need a break, they are not the hard hitting anthems they used to be, as said above you get the feeling the band are a bit fed up playing them too and are just going through the motions.

Pride was amazing this past tour... But I do agree.  I truly believe ONE is right up their with the best songs EVER written but it does seem to have lost the luster live since the 90s.  Also I thought that Ultraviolet was the best song for 360 but it didn't have the same luster this past year live.  Hopefully they'll be pulling out some hidden gems from AB this tour.

I could do without One I suppose, but I will never, ever get tired of Beautiful Day or Elevation.

And Bad is my all-time favorite (JT Tour was awesome!). I hope they don’t cut it out this tour.

I can live without the ones they have made staples:  the Joshua Tree hits (which probably won't get played this time around), Sunday, One, Pride, Beautiful Day, Vertigo.  "Bad" needs a rest too.  But I know that many "casual" U2 fans only know the big hits, so I guess they have to include them. Also "I Will Follow" should be substituted with a different old song.  I never cared that much for "Desire" either.  On the other hand, I never would get tired of "New Year's Day".