What song can you live without ever hearing live again by the band?

• Community Moderator
8 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl said:

Before this last show in Atlanta, I would said Pride. I also wouldn't have believed that I wouldn't miss Streets. But here we are. (That does not mean, however, that I never want to hear Streets again!)

Felt the exact same. It’s crazy, isn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmm... is it complete blasphemy to say...Pride?

Beautiful Day The good thing about opening 360 with it was it got it out the way early and anything after it was almost guaranteed to be better.

Elevation could definitely do with a break. Pride and SBS also after 2015 and 2017 tours.

• Community Moderator
Just now, GeorgiaGirl said:

It is! Five days later and I still haven't come down from the high if Monday night's show!

Me neither!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/12/2018 at 2:23 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Best live bullet is the zoo tv version imho

Best live "Bullet" I'd have to say was the PopMart performance. Until the band played it at the Salesforce gig and called out Donald Trump. That is the heaviest I've ever heard it.

• Subscriber

I Will Follow, New Year's Day, Pride, WOWY, Bullet, One (unless the perform it like the used to, ex. ZOO TV), Beautiful Day, Cedarwood Road

I want to put Elevation in there, but that song really gets the crowd--and me--going.  Same with Vertigo.

Taking into consideration that their next tour will (probably) be less SOE & SOI heavy, I'd like to see some deeper cuts. I'm sure this is where many of us will diverge. I'd love to see:

Angel of Harlem

Love Rescue Me (my favorite on that album)

So Cruel

Wild Horses

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep loving all the old U2 songs BUT ONLY if they perform them in a new way.

Hence I do love Sunday Bloody Sunday the way they perform it now. But Pride still sounds the same as back in the eighties. BUT if U2 can perform old songs with lots of energy and soul then I will still even like to hear Pride again. I heard Pride being played in Italy and Mexico at the Joshua Tree tour and the U2 fans went beserk with energetic crowd singing. I love that. I LOVE THAT. Therefore my bottomline for which songs to play is: ANY U2 song that is new or newly interpreted OR played with that much energy and spirit it will lift up everybody skyhigh...

Achtung Baby is probably the only album  of which I feel seperate songs feel like orphans when played live, "One' being the exception to this rule. I love that Achtung Baby album, second best or the best of all U2's work in my opinion. But for this tour I would like to suggest to skip all the Achtung Baby songs. They feel out of place for me personally. Hopefully U2 will consider a full tribute tour for the Achtung Baby album, like they did with the Joshua Tree.  The U2 manager thinks it's a great idea...

Edited by bettydalton
  • Subscriber

I've heard Beautiful Day in every single show I attended to (after they wrote it, off course).It'not that I don't like the song (not among my favourite to be true), but I do feel like the band is bored to play it... so why don't they give it a rest?

One big problem is when show become routine, and that's why I was delighted to hear Party Girl in Milan 2009, or Mercy and North Star in Munich 2010, One Tree Hill in Chicago 2011 and off course Acrobat and Staring at the Sun in Boston a few nights ago. Priceless!

You can feel much more energy in those songs, that's a shame that they keep on with stuff that's sounds dusty and with authomatisms... I understand the show machine is a little hard to modify but ehm.. why not trying?

• Like 1