The Elephant in the room - the GA queue !

• Subscriber

That whole scene just sounds really stressful.

Happy to have seats for our shows. We'll go out to dinner, have 2 or 7 drinks, walk over to the venue. Easy Peasy.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My experience from the 2015 and 2017 tours is that a select few fans manipulated the system to allow themselves prime positions in line without actually having to wait in line, going against previousl

Even though you "politely" pass people who have been waiting for hours, this pretty much makes you a dick.

I think it's fair to say that some people see the fan run queues as being 'cliques' that have a perception of being unfair.  Not everyone knows how to join the fan run queues or has the desire or incl

Posted Images

• Subscriber

It does sound stressful.  Bowing to these people and allowing them to get away with it is only going to permit the whole situation to get worse.  First people cannot get GAs in the presale.  Now  some of those who were lucky enough to get GAs and fortunate enough to have the health to do GA think they can appoint themselves first in line?  I guess I'm the sort that jumps in and fights this type of crap because there's no way I'd stand for it.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Just now, doctornickriviera said:

I’m starting the GA queue for Manchester and London right here right now.... only 5 months to wait in line!

i’m No 1 , now get in line y’all!??

I shall send you a pink sharpie to put #1 on your hand and have it shipped express.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

I think the ‘need ‘ to be right at the front at multiple gigs is a bit sad! I’ve seen U2 up front at row z in a stadium , on the pitch about halfway and never felt I have to be on the rail.

I feel the same way.  It's half of why I'm so flabergasted by all of this.  If one is on the rail how can one see the screen without needing a neck brace for the month after the show?  The sound is much better a bit away from the stage.  Why the need to be on the rail?  I'm not criticizing it.  It's a legit question I don't understand.  I've been on the rail for small gigs and moved back because the sound is much better away from the rail.  I presume the need to get in first for GA is to be on the rail.

• Subscriber

Yep. Maybe it’s the desire that bono may haul them onto the stage mid show. 

However even at my prime I think Bono may have chosen the Bella dona a few rows back rather than the white mail elephant on the rail. His loss because I move in mysterious ways and the short Irish fella is missing out!

• Like 1