Jump to content

The Elephant in the room - the GA queue !


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
On 5/5/2018 at 6:23 PM, Isas99 said:

Well after reading all this I am really hoping and PRAYING that the LA Forum does the EXACT same thing they did for the 2015 shows! Get there at the time they stated in the email, ( I'm sure that there was a list and people waiting all night long) but I got there soon after 8 in the morning, did have to write my name in the notebook and get a number, but soon afterwards they gave us the wristbands and said we were good to go. Just come back at 4pm and get in line based on your number. It was very organized and super fast. Gosh am I praying for that to happen!! If not Ugh!! Only because my friend wants to do this all day thing would I deal with this crap. ?

I agree - we had similar experiences in 2009, 2011, and 2017. The fan-run lines work fine as long as they begin at the SAME TIME as the GA rules listed by the venue. No lists from some other place where folks lined up before the official GA arrival time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My experience from the 2015 and 2017 tours is that a select few fans manipulated the system to allow themselves prime positions in line without actually having to wait in line, going against previousl

Even though you "politely" pass people who have been waiting for hours, this pretty much makes you a dick.

I think it's fair to say that some people see the fan run queues as being 'cliques' that have a perception of being unfair.  Not everyone knows how to join the fan run queues or has the desire or incl

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
On 5/8/2018 at 6:41 PM, 1luvbonovox said:

Does anyone know where they will be with the notebook to put your name in, for the Forum??? Thank you

That is ALWAYS the question ....I can never find out where to go - or when ! I am GA in Copenhagen on the 29th  - so any ideas please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I'm someone who wants to be in front, at the stage. But I don't see them multiple times every tour (I wish, but it's not possible). I love the magic of being so close. 

We are going to Amsterdam most of the times. Queue early in the morning, sometimes round noon. I love being in the queue. Relax with people who are there for the same purpose. But when you're in lineaire, you stay in line. You can go for a drink, or a small walk in the area. 

The relaxing stops when people get crazy. Everybody getting up and starts pushing. Multiple times there was panic. Because people rush, running people over etc. 

Thats a part I really don't like. And van use some more security. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 4/20/2018 at 1:39 AM, Manohlive said:

I don't think U2 has any say in how the GA lines are run, at least in America.  The venues decide the rules according to each city's ordinances.  The venues set the times and enforce the rules-in conunction with the city council.  For anyone going to Chicago and unaware-The United Center is an awesome venue.  (So is Soldier Field)   I seriously doubt any presupposed queues would be respected.  If so, I'd demand security take charge and put those who consider themselves 'elite' back in their place...behind all those who got there first. Didn't anyone object and get security?  It angers me to think of this happening. That is so not U2.  

I do think the band has a say. I’ve seen both U2 and Springsteen at United Center and the GA experiences were completely different. 

There will absolutely be a fan-run line for both nights in Chicago. You won’t have to camp out all night. Go find the start of the line on Night 1, put in your name and get a number. They will tell you what time to check in the next morning. Then go home or back to hotel. Has worked well for the several times that I’ve done it. This has been the process for years - we won’t change that in this thread. (I do agree Springsteen’s process is way better.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, CSanderson said:

I do think the band has a say. I’ve seen both U2 and Springsteen at United Center and the GA experiences were completely different. 

There will absolutely be a fan-run line for both nights in Chicago. You won’t have to camp out all night. Go find the start of the line on Night 1, put in your name and get a number. They will tell you what time to check in the next morning. Then go home or back to hotel. Has worked well for the several times that I’ve done it. This has been the process for years - we won’t change that in this thread. (I do agree Springsteen’s process is way better.)

It will be the same at Nassau Coliseum. That show is on a Saturday, which means that most people don't have to go to work, but people have lives. I do not have the time or resources to follow them around or honestly, to spend two days dealing with GA lineups and check-ins. My daughter (who is coming with me) has a softball game that morning, so we will not get to the venue until late afternoon. We will take what we can get, but I'm 5'2" (she's 5'7") and I will be looking at the back of other people's backs. I would have gotten real seats, but the prices for those were unrealistic - I could deal with $100 GA, but not $300+ nosebleed seats.

Put me on the list of those who think Springsteen's system is far better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, bgans said:

It will be the same at Nassau Coliseum. That show is on a Saturday, which means that most people don't have to go to work, but people have lives. I do not have the time or resources to follow them around or honestly, to spend two days dealing with GA lineups and check-ins. My daughter (who is coming with me) has a softball game that morning, so we will not get to the venue until late afternoon. We will take what we can get, but I'm 5'2" (she's 5'7") and I will be looking at the back of other people's backs. I would have gotten real seats, but the prices for those were unrealistic - I could deal with $100 GA, but not $300+ nosebleed seats.

Put me on the list of those who think Springsteen's system is far better.

Disagree that a lottery system is better. While the fan-run system is less than perfect and multi-day lineups are unfair to many people, those who are willing to do some time in line should be rewarded. In your case, softball is optional. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bgans said:

It will be the same at Nassau Coliseum. That show is on a Saturday, which means that most people don't have to go to work, but people have lives. I do not have the time or resources to follow them around or honestly, to spend two days dealing with GA lineups and check-ins. My daughter (who is coming with me) has a softball game that morning, so we will not get to the venue until late afternoon. We will take what we can get, but I'm 5'2" (she's 5'7") and I will be looking at the back of other people's backs. I would have gotten real seats, but the prices for those were unrealistic - I could deal with $100 GA, but not $300+ nosebleed seats.

Put me on the list of those who think Springsteen's system is far better.

 

2 hours ago, james busick said:

Disagree that a lottery system is better. While the fan-run system is less than perfect and multi-day lineups are unfair to many people, those who are willing to do some time in line should be rewarded. In your case, softball is optional. 

A lottery system is better because it is run by tour management and gives all GA ticket holders a fair chance at getting to the front of the line. This would still allow the fans who police the fan-run lines and attend multiple shows to have several chances of getting a good spot in line.  Of course, everyone would still need to follow the "official" instructions for the time and place for lining up.

As others have pointed out in this post, a fan-run line  system off of the venue property is not endorsed by the band or the venue.  The venue sends out instructions to GA ticket holders when and how to line up on the day of the show. 

bgans, show up early on show day, go to the venue and tell security you followed the rules and that these off-site fan-run lines do not have more a right to the front of the line than you do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, afg said:

 

A lottery system is better because it is run by tour management and gives all GA ticket holders a fair chance at getting to the front of the line. This would still allow the fans who police the fan-run lines and attend multiple shows to have several chances of getting a good spot in line.  Of course, everyone would still need to follow the "official" instructions for the time and place for lining up.

As others have pointed out in this post, a fan-run line  system off of the venue property is not endorsed by the band or the venue.  The venue sends out instructions to GA ticket holders when and how to line up on the day of the show. 

bgans, show up early on show day, go to the venue and tell security you followed the rules and that these off-site fan-run lines do not have more a right to the front of the line than you do.

The venues ALWAYS end up endorsing the fan-run line, so it comes down to join it or go to the end of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...