POP is the greatest U2 album of ALL TIME

adamhughes34

• Subscriber

I think we are going to get some great stuff this go around! ? I'm very excited about it.  I would die, dead, for If God Would Send Angels.  Gone may very well be played.  Staring at the Sun would be so appropriate now...

• Subscriber

i wanna hear If God Will Send His Angels and Do You Feel Loved. 

I'm also LOVING Zooropa a lot these days, i dunno why but i tend to have different feelings about U2 albums at different times... does that make sense? the song Zooropa i can't stop listening to. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Not the best U2 album, but a fine album, and some standout tracks that I wish they would have incorporated into the SoE tour:  "Please" and "Gone".

do you feel that U2 setlist have become stale?

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that i didn't have an amazing time at the I&E shows a Joshua Tree anniversary tour.... but it's, to me, too much 80s stuff. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, adamhughes34 said:

do you feel that U2 setlist have become stale?

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that i didn't have an amazing time at the I&E shows a Joshua Tree anniversary tour.... but it's, to me, too much 80s stuff. 

I never think U2 is getting stale, and I enjoyed the JT tour as a one-off look back.  But generally I like to hear new stuff, or "rediscovered" old stuff.   What I think is stale is when the "play the hits" in the second half of the show (like happened with the I+E tour in 2015).  I don't need to hear SBS, One, Pride, WTSHNM, WOWY, etc on this tour.  Even  "I Will Follow" and "Bad" have been done to death by now.   And I am really tired of the early-2000s staples (Vertigo, Beautiful Day).  I'm hopeful that there will be less of that on the new tour.  They still need to flesh out 23 songs per night, and will turn many fans off if they ONLY play stuff from the new album and last album, with none of the traditional hits.  But I wish they would anyway.  :-)   I like the choice of incorporating tracks that haven't seen the light of day (much) on tour in many years.

In the end, it's their band and their tour, and they'll do what seems right to them.  I've never yet been successful in "willing" them to play just what I would like to hear in a set list.

Edited by Rich T.