Who went to E+I San Jose in May of 2015?

• Subscriber

Hi!!

Loooong time fan here with a question. The last time I saw U2 in the bay area was in the 80s (gasp...I'm old!! lol). Since then I've lived throughout the states and saw them in many other places.I am flying in and won't arrive until about 11am or noon on may 7th, the day of the concert. I have a GA ticket, and I understand that in the past SAP center gives wristband numbers beginning at 8am.  My question is for anyone who saw them at the SAP center May 2015. How early do I need to be there to get a decent number? Was the crowd large as early as 9am? I'm hopeful to get a decent spot by getting in at noon. Given that the set up has the long walkway and second stage area, I am hoping. Any previous experience from anyone to share? 

Thanks!!

• Subscriber

I was there in 2015. SAP wouldn't allow people to line up in front of the venue until 8am, but a group had formed next to the arena before 8am and they numbered people's hands and then proceeded to walk over to the venue at 7:55am. I didn't know there was an "off premises pre-lineup," so i got there for 8am. Pretty sure my number was under 100. 

I tried to attach the screenshot of the procedure set up for Justin Timberlake on 4/24-25, but the file is too large. It states lineup begins at 9am, wristbands will be given out at 9:15am. Once the GA ticketholder has their wristband, they may remain in line or leave the area, but must report back to their sequential place by 5pm.

Perhaps a foreshadowing of what will be in place for U2 in May...

emily

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, emmypayne said:

I was there in 2015. SAP wouldn't allow people to line up in front of the venue until 8am, but a group had formed next to the arena before 8am and they numbered people's hands and then proceeded to walk over to the venue at 7:55am. I didn't know there was an "off premises pre-lineup," so i got there for 8am. Pretty sure my number was under 100. 

I tried to attach the screenshot of the procedure set up for Justin Timberlake on 4/24-25, but the file is too large. It states lineup begins at 9am, wristbands will be given out at 9:15am. Once the GA ticketholder has their wristband, they may remain in line or leave the area, but must report back to their sequential place by 5pm.

Perhaps a foreshadowing of what will be in place for U2 in May...

emily

Thanks for this info, Emily!

• Subscriber
On 4/23/2018 at 3:50 PM, pacifica422 said:

Hi!!

Loooong time fan here with a question. The last time I saw U2 in the bay area was in the 80s (gasp...I'm old!! lol). Since then I've lived throughout the states and saw them in many other places.I am flying in and won't arrive until about 11am or noon on may 7th, the day of the concert. I have a GA ticket, and I understand that in the past SAP center gives wristband numbers beginning at 8am.  My question is for anyone who saw them at the SAP center May 2015. How early do I need to be there to get a decent number? Was the crowd large as early as 9am? I'm hopeful to get a decent spot by getting in at noon. Given that the set up has the long walkway and second stage area, I am hoping. Any previous experience from anyone to share? 

Thanks!!

I was there.  We showed up around 9:00 AM on the day of show, got a wristband with number around 200, didn't need to come back until 5:00 PM - the line was marked in chunks of 50.  We ended up on the rail about halfway along it, which allowed us to be right near the band members when they stopped there on the catwalk on occasion.

• Subscriber
On 4/28/2018 at 12:05 AM, Rich T. said:

I was there.  We showed up around 9:00 AM on the day of show, got a wristband with number around 200, didn't need to come back until 5:00 PM - the line was marked in chunks of 50.  We ended up on the rail about halfway along it, which allowed us to be right near the band members when they stopped there on the catwalk on occasion.

Thanks for the info, Rich!