What would you leave out?

adrnik

• Subscriber

Going on past tours the band normally play about 7 songs from their current album?

That means there will be some songs from SOE not used, maybe 5/6?

It is also worth noting that the band arguably leave out from set lists some of the best songs from the album too.

So, rather than say what you hope they will play from SOE how about considering what will be left out of the tour?

Here’s my suggestions:

Red Flag Day

Landlady

Summer of Love

The Showman

13 (there is a light)

I also reckon American Soul will only be played on US dates.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, adrnik said:

Going on past tours the band normally play about 7 songs from their current album?

That means there will be some songs from SOE not used, maybe 5/6?

It is also worth noting that the band arguably leave out from set lists some of the best songs from the album too.

So, rather than say what you hope they will play from SOE how about considering what will be left out of the tour?

Here’s my suggestions:

Red Flag Day

Landlady

Summer of Love

The Showman

13 (there is a light)

I love Red Flag Day, Summer of Love and The Showman!

I could do without:

Landlady

Lights of Home

American Soul

GOOYOW

But that’s all pretty irrelevant anyway because I’m stuck in Australia and U2 have forgotten where that is. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, kastee said:

I love Red Flag Day, Summer of Love and The Showman!

I could do without:

Landlady

Lights of Home

American Soul

GOOYOW

But that’s all pretty irrelevant anyway because I’m stuck in Australia and U2 have forgotten where that is. 

I take it for granted that most bands come to o the UK and I’m only 20 mins from London but there are a couple US bands I like who don’t tour here very much and so I can understand a little your frustration.

Personally I think U2 will release some more dates for places like Australia and New Zealand and other countries a bit later this year. For past tours when they have visited they’ve done US and Europe one year and then headed ‘down under’ the next year in Jan. I hope they do for folks like yourself and that you can get tickets. All the best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I would leave out:

Get Out of Your Own Way

American Soul

The BlackOut

I'd Play The Rest of the album (certainly not all in one show) and I'd ALSO Play Ordinary Love and especially BOOK OF YOUR HEART !!!!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber
On 4/28/2018 at 8:14 AM, kastee said:

Perhaps it will be replaced by Little Things or Wild Horses when it hits Europe.  I saw your comment quite a while ago and it stuck in my mind.  I wonder if they are skipping Little Things in America to give it to Europe.  I could easily live with that as Europe is watching us get them first. 

• Subscriber

I just hope that come Europe it doesn’t revert to a greatest hits set. I’m happy to hear the New songs and some of the SOI stuff. There are songs off October I’d rather hear than the ocean. Like I threw a brick for example.

Happy for SBS cobl , ABOY elevation pride Vertigo and BD to be dropped. Walk on/kite and or sometimes you can’t make it on your own, SIAM could replace this two hearts from war, 

i’d like streets back in as the sole JT song.

IWF is overplayed , how about party girl / twilight. / a day without me./ a cat dubh

magnificent anyone? Please ? Heartland.

i imagine most of the people attendingthe third tour in in 4 years are fans who attended i&e and JT tours. 

Quite happy to see the usual staples largely dropped and the awesome but lesser played hits and album tracks played