• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Nole951 said:

So what time did they actually come on stage last night?  Was it promptly at 8pm or shortly thereafter?

Came on a little after 8:30pm.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just spoke with people at the BOK Center.  They said that the line starts with the first person in line at the time announced.  Nobody with magic marker numbers will be allowed to skip ahead of whom

first of all - everyone have a great time tonight, those of us who cannot attend opening night are mega jealous!  For those having angst about the GA line, the heavy metal band Iron Maiden does a cool

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Did anyone else who went to the show catch Bono saying "hold on a minute" before the first encore after they said thank you? My wife and I looked at each other and said "Sure, we can hang out a little bit while you prepare to come back on stage!"

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, james busick said:

I scoped the first 4 songs or so from the front, but was disappointed to see on the replay how pixelated (sp?) it was.  At first I was not even able to go live and the app said the connection was too poor.  I guess the signal was just too weak to send enough data to have a clear picture.  A shame, as I had a great spot and over 1,200 viewers at peak.

We still loved it though! 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, svoot said:

Did anyone else who went to the show catch Bono saying "hold on a minute" before the first encore after they said thank you? My wife and I looked at each other and said "Sure, we can hang out a little bit while you prepare to come back on stage!"

Yes, but I figured it was opening technical issues. I saw him take out his earphone several times like he was having a hard time hearing what was going on. But I loved everything about the show! 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, u2rone said:

Well said. I don't want to do GA anymore because of the unfairness of it. Same people get the best spots because they pull together and only look out for each other. But with this tour and I & E I think seats are better so you can see the effect of the screens. But nothing compares with doing GA and being on the rail. Looking forward to Chicago.

I agree and am glad I got an assigned seat. Being in town the night before I felt like the small group of fans who can afford to travel the world seeing OUR favorite band had a sense of entitlement. Their first question to most people they spoke to was how many shows have you seen?  Well I’m not independently wealthy so I can’t break away from work to follow them all over the world - but believe me I would love to be able to do just that! The elitist attitude goes against what the band stands for - I think. I frustrates me to see those who monitored the GA line just hanging back by the wall and not really displaying the excitement they say those of us who rarely see them live did. 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 5/3/2018 at 8:05 PM, Rich T. said:

Thanks for posting that,

Thanks so much for posting that.   In 2015 they did a good job with the San Jose GA line, and I'm hoping for the best this time around as well.  There is one managed entrance.

You have confirmed my fear about "The Blackout" from watching the YouTube video of the Tulsa show:   the band is hidden by the screen.  Not a good move by U2.  Not only do I want to see the band rather than a screen, but I won't even be able to see the screen properly from the rail.  Same with UTEOTW apparently.

I  loved it because it was a surprise to see them appear as the screen rose. That’s when I realized how close they were! That excitement and surprise was my favorite part! And I did see Larry smile! 

• Subscriber
On 5/3/2018 at 12:34 AM, Rich T. said:

I was able to answer my own question:.  It was a powerful performance.  Why have they waited all these years?  Why wasn't it played right before "Love is Blindness" on the Zoo TV tour??   I'd like to see Edge on the catwalk for his soaring solo (3:05).  Can't wait to hear it in San Jose.  It's gonna be like a date with my 30-year-old self from 1991..

12 hours ago, Canadanne said:

MacPhistoYouTube.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&

"Would that spoil my chance with the young ladies... if my make-up was smudged?"

You know, I just twigged that Bono's digital make-up (esp. around his mouth) is a nod to The Joker in the Batman films - now, THAT is how you deliver a message visually.

• Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
On 5/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, Heather S said:

Really? A terrible set list?  Totally disagree....they spent a whole summer playing The Joshua Tree last year....why on earth would they play them again with all the other ‘classics’ waiting to be played.  I am thrilled by this set list and can’t wait - biggest disappointment for me is lack of Red Flag Day and I was hoping for a few others from War/October.  Surprised they included the elevation/vertigo duo again but then again, nothing gets the crowds going like those so I am now counting down the months until September in Europe.  

The question is would you rather listen to The Ocean or Streets?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, u2rone said:

I pick STREETS!!!!

I actually pick The Ocean.  I'm "Streeted" out, and "The Ocean" takes me back to another time, another place.

I could deal with "Streets" replacing "All Because of You", which the band seems to enjoy more than I do.

Edited by Rich T.
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic