Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Tulsa Live Thread #U2eiTour

Has anyone made a guess as to what song they will open with? I missed it if they did. My prediction is American Soul  :)

4 hours ago, peggytwoten said:

If only U2 management would take control of the line!  I'm sure the fans running the GA list will sweet talk BOK center staff to use their list.  It's happened before and will continue to happen unless U2 does something to change it.  The vast majority of us can't afford to fly into Tulsa several days before the show and even those living in Tulsa can't check in twice a day.  I know that there is no bad place in this stage design, but nothing's as exciting as a rail position - anywhere along the rail!  Just wish there was a fairer system so that all of us have a chance.

Agreed no bad place.. just hoping to score a GA as I am flying in ticketless.. The gamble is real hahaha

On 4/30/2018 at 8:13 AM, james busick said:

It will be interesting to see how the GA line works out.  The venue has indicated that they do not intend to honor any lineup started off-premises before 6 a.m. Wednesday.

The informal GA always wins... it's why it has continued this long. I would not anticipate the band or management stepping in to start something more official. Again, it's the way it's always been.

I'm seeing the band in a week!   I cannot wait!

Seeing the GA lineup madness is continuing makes me thankful to have seats.

Right... spoilers... ?

Enjoy all!

Edited by Shannon387
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

The informal GA always wins... it's why it has continued this long. I would not anticipate the band or management stepping in to start something more official. Again, it's the way it's always been.

I just spoke with people at the BOK Center.  They said that the line starts with the first person in line at the time announced.  Nobody with magic marker numbers will be allowed to skip ahead of whomever is there first, at the announced time.  They are going to have a couple of members who are higher up in rank, from the venue, out and making sure things go smoothly. I repeatedly asked, "So the first person who is there at the proper time announced is the first person into the venue for GA?".  I was told, "Yes.  Nobody with a number on their wrist from whenever should be allowed to go in front.  The person there at the correct time is the person who properly waited all day.  No previous numbers will be honored.". I was told that those shapie numbers, already preassigned  by whomever decides he or she is in charge, are not valid.  If they show up and demand to be put in front-those who obeyeed the rules and starting lining up at the proper time should say, "No.  We were here first as the rules clearly stated.:".  There should be upper-tiered people about, along with security.  If the sharpie numbered people start raising a fit-go get security. and ask for a supervisor if security does nothing.  They will respond.  I already let the venue know this is happening.  They are now aware of it.  

I'm not going to this show.  I feel so strongly about this that I had to do something.  Whomever obeys the rules and is first should get into the venue first.  The people at the BOK Center said, "Yes.  That is the case.".  You may have a disagreement on your hands.  The rules are the rules. People who consider themselves above the rules love to kick and scream.  It's my experience that when one does not back down...they stop kicking and quickly retreat.  

The BOK phone number is (918) 894-4200.  If you are doing GA and worried about people skipping in line, call them.  It will make them more aware.  I warned them this was happening so they already have one.  A coupld more would not hurt.

• Like 4
  • Brilliant 1