• Subscriber
14 hours ago, sms_10 said:

I  loved it because it was a surprise to see them appear as the screen rose. That’s when I realized how close they were! That excitement and surprise was my favorite part! And I did see Larry smile! 

Good to know!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just spoke with people at the BOK Center.  They said that the line starts with the first person in line at the time announced.  Nobody with magic marker numbers will be allowed to skip ahead of whom

first of all - everyone have a great time tonight, those of us who cannot attend opening night are mega jealous!  For those having angst about the GA line, the heavy metal band Iron Maiden does a cool

Posted Images

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, shooboxx said:

In 2015, I did the whole thing by the rules. Was one of the first 75 in the fan run line. I wanted rail by the b stage. We got screwed on getting in.. bunch of ppl rushed ahead. I still had a decent spot almost to the rail. Two ppl right in front of me were at the rail, leaned against it and we're visibly exhausted and had no energy the whole show. Over heard them talking about this being 7 or 8th show they had been to in a row, hence thier exhaustion. No matter, they were not giving up an inch of rail space. The one thing that bugs me about U2 shows are ppl who want to be up close but have no enthusiasm. It's frustrating for us who don't get to be tired of going to so many shows. Each concert is a chance to celebrate, jump around, sing my heart out. 

Last go around, I hung towards the back of the ga crowd, and had a fantastic time just feeling like I could really let loose and have a good time. As exhilarating as being on the rail is, it can ruin a night to have to feel stressed about it. 

That's a good point, especially if you are going to multiple shows.  For me, especially since I'll probably only end up going to one show (the next one, on May 7), the best remembrance I have is having no separation between me and the band members, when they stand right in front of me as I'm on the rail, with no one else between us (well, except for some almost invisible security people).

• Subscriber
On 5/4/2018 at 1:31 PM, u2rone said:

Well said. I don't want to do GA anymore because of the unfairness of it. Same people get the best spots because they pull together and only look out for each other. But with this tour and I & E I think seats are better so you can see the effect of the screens. But nothing compares with doing GA and being on the rail. Looking forward to Chicago.

The GA line organisation had gone way over the top and it seems people take the p*ss big style, going missing for hours on end and turning up  2 hours before show time looking extremely fresh. I’ve done GA lines since the 90s but am dismayed by the elitism currently going down. I tried to chat to a few of the ringleaders just to say hey and get the latest u2 news. A turd in a swimming pool would have been more welcome. What is wrong with these guys. I chatted with other fans further back in line and had a great time. Shame a small few are spoiling the vibe, idiots.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 5/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, u2rone said:

You hit the nail on the head, so to speak. Streets isn't just a song, it's SO much more. Please reconsider adding it to the show. Hopefully before Chicago!!

I'm hoping for Wild Horses.  They always give Chicago something the final night.  Perhaps we shall have both.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, russpm said:

The GA line organisation had gone way over the top

It seems to me that there is a lack of organization.  Nobody is responsible so the venues send out attendants which are mainly sent to protect the venue. It's the only discernment I have. I'm going to call the BOK Center in Tulsa when they don't have a show and ask that girl some more questions.  I plan on telling her what happened with GA without being critical.   Perhaps there is something we are missing.  Are these people who appear later but organize early the fans that go to hundreds of shows?  If so then I think they should get some type or something.  I mentioned it being a long term commitment.  I don't know, so I ask.  Before I call a venue, it would be nice to know if these people are somehow attached to the band from long term whatever and being allowed to do this.  Many people think I should not get something and are not aware I'm recovering from that head crap.  I used to have to be the first one let into the venue so I could get through security without slowing the whole thing down.  I could barely see and everything was spinning.. Now I don't need it. Walk in front of a GA line and be the only person to go first.  lol.   Maybe this is something different yet similar in that we are not aware of an existing situation. This does not make sense otherwise.

Bigwave said Guy Oseary was talking and listening to fans.  One already talked with him.  Hopefully more will do the same as the tour progresses.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Rich T. said:

I could deal with "Streets" replacing "All Because of You",

Same here.  I don't like All Because of You.  It seems to me to be a weak song on Atomic Bomb and also did for the Vertigo tour  I would love Crumbs off Atomic Bomb or Miracle Drug.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Same here.  I don't like All Because of You.  It seems to me to be a weak song on Atomic Bomb and also did for the Vertigo tour  I would love Crumbs off Atomic Bomb or Miracle Drug.

I feel a bit blessed because I was at the Madison Square Garden show where they tried out "Crumbs From Your Table" live for the very first time. I love that song, and they played it wonderfully. I have no idea if they attempted it again beyond that show. "All Because Of You" is their channelling an old Who sound (by their own description). IMHO, that song sounds quite good live, better than the studio version. Vive la difference...

I think "Streets" (among other JT songs) will work their way back into the sets as time goes on - as I've said before, I think this is going to be one of their long tours (a la U2360). They're just not in the "starting line-up" this time around. (If they played all the songs we wanted them to play, they would have 5-hour shows before they started playing encores.)

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, dmway said:

(If they played all the songs we wanted them to play, they would have 5-hour shows before they started playing encores.)

And who here would complain?? ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, JCF said:

And who here would complain?? ? 

Well no one, except for the band members themselves and their weary mortal frames... :lol:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Crumbs or Miracle Drug would be a highlight.

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic