• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Or just not liking what you've done so late,

And bingo was his name...haha   Usually it is a culmination of everything I wrote that day, albeit serious or fiction or on U2.com.  It's not that it's awful, even though it seems awful.  It's that I can see all the changes I need to make.  On this site-that usually involves editing four paragraphs into one or two sentences.  lol.   It's better to have too much material versus not enough. That's little consolation when I realize I posted something way over the top or really dumb.  I've perfected being really dumb despite being educated and enlightened. ?

Edited by Manohlive
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just spoke with people at the BOK Center.  They said that the line starts with the first person in line at the time announced.  Nobody with magic marker numbers will be allowed to skip ahead of whom

first of all - everyone have a great time tonight, those of us who cannot attend opening night are mega jealous!  For those having angst about the GA line, the heavy metal band Iron Maiden does a cool

Posted Images

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, unforgettableu2 said:

WITH A MOUTH FULL OF TEETH YOU ATE ALL YOUR FRIENDS
AND BROKE EVERY HEART THINKING EVERY HEART MENDS"

Some of my fav Bono lyrics, one of the reasons why I love Crumbs so much...

• Subscriber

When they dropped Staring at the Sun I lost my shit. I made three predictions or things I would love to see. 1. Song from Pop 2. Macphisto 3. Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me. Acrobat was an added bonus. Needless to say that if they dropped Crumbs I would probably pass out from excitment. That is one of my all time favorite U2 songs. I hope they slide it in on another tour date so we can Youtube it.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, lukylsp said:

Some of my fav Bono lyrics, one of the reasons why I love Crumbs so much...

One of mine, too...If I had to pick from a plethora of songs/choices......

Think about the breadth of that achievement on the behalf of U2.

Most musicians pray to have 1/10th of their talent/library of songs.....I can honestly say, I don't think u2 have ever made a 'bad' song.

Their worst...is at most, some artists' best.

BTW...

I also love "please"....both lyrically/musically. Another very underrated gem.....I'd love if they would play that beauty as well.

Edited by unforgettableu2
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

And bingo was his name...haha   Usually it is a culmination of everything I wrote that day, albeit serious or fiction or on U2.com.  It's not that it's awful, even though it seems awful.  It's that I can see all the changes I need to make.  On this site-that usually involves editing four paragraphs into one or two sentences.  lol.   It's better to have too much material versus not enough. That's little consolation when I realize I posted something way over the top or really dumb.  I've perfected being really dumb despite being educated and enlightened. ?

Bingo.....I get it....more than you know....Mano....

Here is to one artistically challenged night owl....to another!!!

But, when you get it right....it's usually effortless....whether it's 2am or 8 am....

The wonder of creativity....if only we could understand the corresponding pieces that make it fit perfectly that one day...and then not another.

I'm sure u2 has also asked the same questions...how can we harness that same genius/inspiration again? What made the difference? will we ever achieve that 'cohesive' , artistic perfection again?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, omnivox said:

When they dropped Staring at the Sun I lost my shit. I made three predictions or things I would love to see. 1. Song from Pop 2. Macphisto 3. Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me. Acrobat was an added bonus. Needless to say that if they dropped Crumbs I would probably pass out from excitment. That is one of my all time favorite U2 songs. I hope they slide it in on another tour date so we can Youtube it.

I hope so too, Omnivox.....the band has got to read this for "feedback".....I want to believe.....but, hey....it's their artistic expression....maybe 'crumbs' doesn't fit into their story/theme they would like to t convey on the tour.

Edited by unforgettableu2
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, dmway said:

Since the love of "Crumbs" marches onward, I located the version I was lucky enough to hear in person - enjoy:

Thanks for sharing. Aw, it pulled on my heart strings to see Bono out there playing rhythm guitar....

• Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, JCF said:

Thanks for sharing. Aw, it pulled on my heart strings to see Bono out there playing rhythm guitar....

Yes - I love that guitar in particular too. I think it's the one that has "the goal is soul" written on it.

Either they themselves have said and/or biographers of the band have said that Bono is a frustrated guitarist, The Edge is a frustrated drummer. Larry is a frustrated singer, and Adam only wanted to play the bass. ? If they were ever to gravitate to those roles, I think we would have our pre-Boy punk-ish U2 back...?

Well, I'm glad the video was there to be found - I do feel like I hit the "U2 lottery", as it were, to see that performance in person. I don't know how often they played it live, but it wasn't a common occurrence.

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic