Not enough SOE played so far!

• Subscriber

Disapointed to see no Summer Of Love, Red Flag Day or The Showman, these all deserve to be in the setlist. Although nice to see Staring At The Sun back again ? and especially Acrobat!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go figure, but my least favorite songs on the album are the ones that the band has been promoting as singles - You're The Best Thing About Me, Get Out Of Your Own Way, and American Soul.  If I never h

The Little Things was one of the highlights when I saw them last year and is my main highlight of SOE. Not sure why they haven't included it this time round...

Another fan of Little Things here! Bummed that I didn't get to hear it again in Tulsa. It seemed like when they played it during JT tour, people just weren't "into" it. Personally, I felt like it

• Subscriber

Go figure, but my least favorite songs on the album are the ones that the band has been promoting as singles - You're The Best Thing About Me, Get Out Of Your Own Way, and American Soul.  If I never heard any of those songs live, I would be perfectly content with that.

Meanwhile, I think The Little Things That Give You Away and The Landlady are among Bono's best writing ever, and would love to hear them live.  The Showman (Little More Better) is also a fun song with a great groove, and would be a good addition to the set.  I am thrilled that Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way is getting such a prominent spot in the show as I think it's one of their finest songs ever.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Yes, please, more SOE songs!  Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, Showman!  I do love that Love is Bigger is in there, and 13, and Love is all we have left, and Blackout.  But I would gladly trade You're the Best Thing for one of the others on the album.  

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

The Little Things was one of the highlights when I saw them last year and is my main highlight of SOE. Not sure why they haven't included it this time round...

Another fan of Little Things here! Bummed that I didn't get to hear it again in Tulsa.

It seemed like when they played it during JT tour, people just weren't "into" it. Personally, I felt like it wasn't a great song to end a show with, but I absolutely love the song. Another thing... even for me, once I read the lyrics, the song took on even greater meaning for me. Hearing it live, I just couldn't catch all of the lyrics because of all the crowd noise.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, allyson2008 said:

It seemed like when they played it during JT tour, people just weren't "into" it. Personally, I felt like it wasn't a great song to end a show with, but I absolutely love the song. Another thing... even for me, once I read the lyrics, the song took on even greater meaning for me. Hearing it live, I just couldn't catch all of the lyrics because of all the crowd noise.

Same here. I honestly found it boring and disappointing...NOT at all my reaction when I listened to it when it came out on SOE and I read and heard the lyrics! It had me weeping, every time for at least the first 20 times I listened!  Though I still wonder if maybe it's better recorded than live? Not sure.  

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, JCF said:

Same here. I honestly found it boring and disappointing...NOT at all my reaction when I listened to it when it came out on SOE and I read and heard the lyrics! It had me weeping, every time for at least the first 20 times I listened!  Though I still wonder if maybe it's better recorded than live? Not sure.  

I feel like it was still a work in progress when they were playing it last year - the album version is different with more atmospheric production tidbits and Edge's guitar throughout the song rather than just right at the end. I'd be interested to hear them play it now - maybe they'd play a version more similar to the album version, or maybe how they played it on The Joshua Tree tour is just the way they play it when playing live.

On 5/6/2018 at 8:32 PM, JCF said:

On 5/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, peterferris8 said:

I feel like it was still a work in progress when they were playing it last year - the album version is different with more atmospheric production tidbits and Edge's guitar throughout the song rather than just right at the end. I'd be interested to hear them play it now - maybe they'd play a version more similar to the album version, or maybe how they played it on The Joshua Tree tour is just the way they play it when playing live.

I heard them play Little Things at 2 east coast shows last year and both were excellent!  It may have helped that I had become very familiar with this song prior to hearing it live by listening to previously recorded performances.  Also, because most of the crowd didn't know the song, their lack of enthusiasm did take away from an otherwise stellar performance.  As someone else pointed out, it doesn't belong at the end of a concert.   I also agree that it is one of the best on SOE!!

• Subscriber

They played Red Flag Day last night in San Jose.  Typing that just put the Dionne Warwick song into my head .  Once stuck in my head, tha one that does not go quietly into the night. I'll be listening to Zoo Station and humming the way to San Jose for the next 48 hours.  haha.   I'm hoping they add The Little Things.  From what I recall, they have always had an opening night setlist and they stuck firm to it.   (Elevation, Vetigo, etc.)   If I went opening night, I knew exactly what they would play.  I did not for SOI.  I think they had a pretty firm setlist for that tour as well.  I could be wrong.  This time they are mixing it up on opening night.  They toured last Summer which might give them more freedom without any backlash from people who only go once or twice. They don't have to justify not playing Streets.  I don't think they ever should but the once show in a lifetime people do. That is mere conjecture.  I find myself doing a lot of guessing this tour.  It's exciting.  They do have a live version of The Little Things which is on Spotify.  I just learned it was Spotify.  They are in a studio in Los Angeles.  It's excellent.  They sound great.  Bono sounds like he is in really good voice.  It's also on Youtube.  I presume people know about this.  I mention it just in case someone does not, because it's reallly, really good. They also look great in the video of it.  Bono looks a bit older but he's still cool as Bono ever was.;  Once he opens his mouth and sings, it's magic.  It's the same one where they also covered Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. I'm watching the setlist and avoiding most pictures so this tour is still a surprise.  From what little I've seen-there had to ba an amazing amount of thought and work which went into this show.  I know there is always a lot  This one seems especially something....I don't know what that is and I'll find out on May 22.  Please please please play Wild Horses and The Little Things one night in Chicago.  Please.