• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing I don't quite get is why some people seem to be unhappy about All Because of You being on the setlist. Given what we now know about Bono having almost died a couple of years ago, I find ther

Another super stellar show. These damn direct calls to actions are very convincing. Coming out with a bullhorn to literally rally us...  It's important stuff, it's scary times, this is exactly the typ

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Another super stellar show. These damn direct calls to actions are very convincing. Coming out with a bullhorn to literally rally us...  It's important stuff, it's scary times, this is exactly the type of gatherings we need. The energy was so strong and positive. A second night I felt privileged to be part of this with other fans.  ???

Edited by shooboxx
  • Like 4
  • Subscriber

Good to see Gloria back in! Wasn't too sold on Red Flag Day when I first heard the album but that sounded great, and it looked like the band were enjoying it too - Larry was pounding that kit! Acrobat just seems to be getting better every time they play it, and I can't believe that they're actually playing it and it wasn't just a one-off. I'm cautiously delighted (cautiously because we all know what happened with A Sort of Homecoming last year) that both Acrobat and Staring At the Sun are still in the setlist. I actually really like the new intro to Pride as well - it seriously brings out Adam's bass tone and lets it shine forth!

• Like 3
  • Subscriber
45 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Good to see Gloria back in! Wasn't too sold on Red Flag Day when I first heard the album but that sounded great, and it looked like the band were enjoying it too - Larry was pounding that kit! Acrobat just seems to be getting better every time they play it, and I can't believe that they're actually playing it and it wasn't just a one-off. I'm cautiously delighted (cautiously because we all know what happened with A Sort of Homecoming last year) that both Acrobat and Staring At the Sun are still in the setlist. I actually really like the new intro to Pride as well - it seriously brings out Adam's bass tone and lets it shine forth!

That's always the issue, isn't it? This great song in, that great song out. What card will we draw our night?

I would love to see Gloria live again, but what happened to WGTRYWH? I'm fine with SBS and NYD being out, but what about The Showman (my favorite track from the new album)?

Raised by Wolves is good, but what about Every Breaking Wave?

And so on, and so on...

It is, ultimately, an embarrassment of riches. No wrong answer.

It's great to be a U2 fan!

Cheers

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ramsatw said:

That's always the issue, isn't it? This great song in, that great song out. What card will we draw our night?

I would love to see Gloria live again, but what happened to WGTRYWH? I'm fine with SBS and NYD being out, but what about The Showman (my favorite track from the new album)?

Raised by Wolves is good, but what about Every Breaking Wave?

And so on, and so on...

It is, ultimately, an embarrassment of riches. No wrong answer.

It's great to be a U2 fan!

Cheers

13 makes me cry, but what about The Little Things? Oh wait, I can see the headline "Audience Drowns in own tears at U2 gig" generating some pretty bad publicity. ? I do hope they add it though. RFD being added is a good sign - it seems they have more confidence in Experience as a new album than they did in Songs of Innocence or No Line On the Horizon. 

Actually, good point in regards to Every Breaking Wave - I'd have thought that'd be one of the ones from Songs of Innocence they'd keep around, and they did play it on the BBC special. I'd much prefer to have it than Song For Someone. That said, I'm glad that it's my 3 favourites from SOI (Iris, RBW, Cedarwood Road) that they've brought back.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic