Will they come back to USA after Europe?

• Subscriber

Each U2 show is such a sensory overload to me! I know it sounds greedy, but I feel like I have to see each tour at least twice just to take it all in. We went to the Tulsa show, and it was amazing! Now that I've watched other people's videos of the show, I realize how much I missed - either because I was looking at one part of the arena while the action was going on in a different part - or because GA is way too close to big screen to take in the full experience (no pun intended :P ).

I'm begging my husband to find a way to go to a second show and he just laughs at me and says "they'll be back after they finish the European dates."

What do you all think? Will they be coming back? Personally, I think not.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the cost is the main drag in some markets - Ticketmaster/LiveNation have to stop charging so much because they think (rationalize?) that "market forces" make these prices ok. Just because you

A new poster just reminded me of another reason that I think they will be coming back to North America (and also, IMHO, go "big" on this tour, i.e., worldwide) - think of all the cities that they aren

I agree doctornickriviera.  What I would like to see is U2 ditching Live Nation/Ticketmaster/Seatwave/Guy O Seary at the end of the current contract and bring it all back home.  To me it often feels l

• Subscriber

I'm no expert, but they sure have played a lot of shows in the US over the past four years, which might argue for not coming back...but who knows.  How far away are you from any other shows? I'd say, get to one!  Who knows if they'll come back or not!  I am lucky to live in the northeast so all the shows from Montreal to Philadelphia are an 8 hour or less drive for me, so I have been able to go to a handful each tour, and you are spot on, that there is so much more to get from the show by going a second time, especially if you take it in from a different spot.  (The third and fourth times that I go are over the top but I can't help it when they are in my "back yard"!)  

• Subscriber

IMHO, I sense that the SOE tour is going to be a "big" one, more like the U2360 and Vertigo tours than the the I & E tour (which, if you look at it, was one of their shorter tours - not throwing the JT tour into the mix because that was a special one-off).

I'd just about bet the house that there would be at least one more North American leg of this tour before it finishes - just about, though: there are no guarantees in life... ?

• Subscriber

The nights they have put on in the US haven’t sold out like previous tours. Probably because the have toured a lot in the last few years, plus expensive seats. I would normally say yes, but not so sure this time. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, DBUGGY said:

The nights they have put on in the US haven’t sold out like previous tours. Probably because the have toured a lot in the last few years, plus expensive seats. I would normally say yes, but not so sure this time. 

I think the cost is the main drag in some markets - Ticketmaster/LiveNation have to stop charging so much because they think (rationalize?) that "market forces" make these prices ok. Just because you can charge a particular price doesn't necessarily mean that you should charge it. (I wish the band would be a bit more proactive about it too - bands like Radiohead and Pearl Jam don't let these kind of prices be charged...)

I'm still betting on a long tour. ?

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 5/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, allyson2008 said:

Each U2 show is such a sensory overload to me! I know it sounds greedy, but I feel like I have to see each tour at least twice just to take it all in. We went to the Tulsa show, and it was amazing! Now that I've watched other people's videos of the show, I realize how much I missed - either because I was looking at one part of the arena while the action was going on in a different part - or because GA is way too close to big screen to take in the full experience (no pun intended :P ).

I'm begging my husband to find a way to go to a second show and he just laughs at me and says "they'll be back after they finish the European dates."

What do you all think? Will they be coming back? Personally, I think not.

1 minute ago, doctornickriviera said:

No , I think the US and Europe need to stop being greedy and hopefully NZ Australia Japan, SE Asia and South Africa may get a look in in 2019

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation - both can happen. My intuition says "yes"...which is only slightly more accurate than a "magic 8-ball". B)

• Subscriber

I sure hope they do another U.S. leg in 2019.  Not counting on it, but hopeful.  If not, it could be a long time before we see them in the U.S. again after this.  One show down for me this tour and one to go, and I'm going to savor every minute of that second one.....

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, james busick said:

I sure hope they do another U.S. leg in 2019.  Not counting on it, but hopeful.  If not, it could be a long time before we see them in the U.S. again after this.  One show down for me this tour and one to go, and I'm going to savor every minute of that second one.....

Another reason I think they will be back is that I think that they think their touring here is "therapy", as it were, for the country right now - kind of "concert reassurance" that everything will eventually be OK.

I appreciate it. :POP_Heart_02: