Red Zone Strategy

lanced

• Subscriber

I moved around the arena to where the band was and generally dug RZ last time through -- is there a new strategy for this tour? I read they are doing more in the middle -- is that true? Also, I've kept myself relatively pure beyond setlist -- can anyone tell me when to move and on what songs so I get the jump on folks?

Any help is very appreciated...

Edited by lanced

• Subscriber

Honestly, the RZ for this tour is not worth it.  I saw them in San Jose in the RZ and was very disappointed.  Not next to the stage and terrible for the whole time they are on the small stage.  You can run out of the red zone for those portions but then when you come back your spot is taken.  The good news is the arena was small enough that you do feel close pretty much everywhere, and in the RZ you are able to still see the screens, which is why they dont have it up against the stage I am sure. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, ScatterofLight said:

Honestly, the RZ for this tour is not worth it.  I saw them in San Jose in the RZ and was very disappointed.  Not next to the stage and terrible for the whole time they are on the small stage.  You can run out of the red zone for those portions but then when you come back your spot is taken.  The good news is the arena was small enough that you do feel close pretty much everywhere, and in the RZ you are able to still see the screens, which is why they dont have it up against the stage I am sure. 

This is such a bummer to hear...but I'm glad I heard it before I got there. Thanks for letting me know. When should I venture out? Like 6 in? 

I think I'm just going to use RZ as a home base and an easy way to get beer (if they have concessions in there).

Edited by lanced

• Subscriber

I did the RZ twice at the I&E tour and looking at it , it looks the same set up. There is a limited area on the far side/end of the stage where you can get on the rail, we done that first night and had Adam a few feet from us looking down and grinning, Bono came over once and done the C'mon! thing virtually in our faces. These moments made up for seeing next to nothing on the B stage. Second night we went on the rail about half way up and had a decent view of everything, good view of the screen , and a rail to lean on, but I was jelous of those inour spot from the night before getting Adams attention  ? It can't have been that bad as we have bought RZ tickets this time round too!