• Subscriber

Why does U2 feel they have play the same set list in both shows in the same city ? Don't they know most diehard fans will go to both shows ? San Jose got identical set lists and I am sure Vegas will also. Why do they fell they need to play I Will Follow, Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday ON EVERY TOUR AT EVERY SHOW  ? Song for Someone should be played as well as Landlady and Little Things. If you want to play classics then Bad, Streets and All I Want is You would work much better. Also bring back the Fly, Mysterious Ways and Wild Horses. Raised by Wolves and American Soul should be dropped.

Edited by kitemaster
  • Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw both nights in Vegas, and will admit it was disappointing to get virtually the same setlist both nights; but, since I was in GA the first night and then the nosebleed section the next, I can say

Why does U2 feel they have play the same set list in both shows in the same city ? Don't they know most diehard fans will go to both shows ? San Jose got identical set lists and I am sure Vegas will a

• Subscriber

They will not drop American soul at all this tour. And that is good, song has a good energy. 

I agree, they should drop SBS for this tour, although it makes sense to be followed by RBW.

As for I Will Follow, perhaps alternate with Electric Co, Another time or Stories for boys would be a good idea.

I agree with Horses...can't believe they dropped it after first show :(

• Subscriber

Totally agree.  This is a poor setlist, at least for me.  I saw San Jose 1, and I had planed to see them in LA as well but after seeing the show I'm probably going to skip LA.  Its a travesty they aren't playing Little Things or Landlady or Summer of Love.  Glad they put Red Flag Day into the set though I didnt get to see it. Wild Horses one of my favorite U2 songs ever, and of course they dropped it from the setlist.  San Jose 1 was my least favorite U2 show ever - and I have seen them literally dozens of times all over the world.  And, I really like the new album - they're just not playing the best songs off it.  

• Subscriber

If the band was ultimately unwilling to play two different setlists on the 2015 tour - after the official press release and promotional materials all emphasized that ticket buyers should purchase tickets to both nights, as two different shows would be performed - I think there's a less than zero chance that this will happen on a tour when no such announcement was made.

• Subscriber

Agree with this. Would much prefer Little things, SOL & landlady to American Soul or YTBTAM. Also to drop all the JT songs is fair enough but to keep SBS, Pride, Elevation & BD which were all played to death is bit boring. The SOI section may be important to the narrative of the set but the songs just aren't very interesting. 

• Subscriber

The show is no longer just the music, its the visuals as well. For them to change anything, especially anything up until the end would mean they would have to change the sequence of the visuals.  

• Subscriber

Couldn't agree more with changing around the set list with multiple shows in one city. Many people are going both nights, so a little variation would be nice.  They have more than enough songs that are considered popular to draw from that would not alienate the casual fans.  Also, would like to hear The Showman at one of the two shows in LA.

• Subscriber

For me, not changing the setlist by at least 3 songs when you play multiple shows in a city is a disgrace and is disrespecting your hardcore fans. The money and organisation involved in going to more than one show is out of love of this band and they can't even have the decency to acknowledge that. This will be the last tour I go to multiple shows and I'm sure thousands of other fans will feel the same.

I don't accept the excuse the songs incorporate the visuals, if that is the case then make parts of the show without visuals !! Simple.

Ie tour had a nice variation , rotating an early slot and the 2 acoustic slots. Plus also different closer in the encore. It is not that difficult to do.

The five shows I saw on ie tour last time, I saw a total of 32 songs and only 21 were the same at all five shows !!!!!!

• Subscriber

The setlists are built around the narrative theme of the lyrics and visuals. In this show, SBS, Pride, and I Will Follow are key parts of the show in terms of the story being told. Changing some of the setlists, and adding more variety, where they have multiple shows would be great - for example, RFD, Wild Horses, etc - would be lovely, but only in songs that aren't a key part of the narrative. It is quite frustrating that they work up a new song (Zoo Station, Magnificent, Satellite Of Love, Two Hearts, Crystal Ballroom, Miracle Drug, Lucifers Hands, The Troubles) and play them about 1 show in 20 and some only once. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, alanelise said:

For me, not changing the setlist by at least 3 songs when you play multiple shows in a city is a disgrace and is disrespecting your hardcore fans. The money and organisation involved in going to more than one show is out of love of this band and they can't even have the decency to acknowledge that. This will be the last tour I go to multiple shows and I'm sure thousands of other fans will feel the same.

I don't accept the excuse the songs incorporate the visuals, if that is the case then make parts of the show without visuals !! Simple.

Ie tour had a nice variation , rotating an early slot and the 2 acoustic slots. Plus also different closer in the encore. It is not that difficult to do.

The five shows I saw on ie tour last time, I saw a total of 32 songs and only 21 were the same at all five shows !!!!!!

If fans choose to go to more than one show, especially knowing there isnt going to be much variation, then its on them really. One show a tour is enough for me. It doesnt make me less of a fan than someone who goes to 10 shows.  If you read the interview with Willie Williams, he said there wont be that much variation because of the visuals and the storyline.