Los Angeles Live Thread #U2eiTour

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I got seats.  I was going to do GA but they are not being released as they have other tours.  I've never not seen them released like this tour.  I have good seats, though.  Thanks.

That's cool too.

They usually release a few GA seats on the afternoon of the show, but that's a gut-wrenching way to do it.

Edited by Rich T.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rich T. said:

That's cool too.

They usually release a few GA seats on the afternoon of the show, but that's a gut-wrenching way to do it.

I've noticed they are not releasing as they did in previous tours.  A few got released for Chicago a couple days ago or so and were gone instantly.  Thanks!

• Subscriber
On 5/16/2018 at 12:14 AM, bosawx said:

Just home from the first show in LA and wow... what a dissapointment. Let me first say this was my 41st U2 show since 1985 so I am no band wagon fan. But the amount of Anti-trump references, "we know better than you" and other patronizing rhetoric from Bono was sickening. One particular video display inferred that Trump supporters were KKK members. Really Bono? It must be so easy to pontificate from high above on a platform of stardom and wealth. Did you happen to notice the empty seats and HUGE open space on the GA floor area Bono? Maybe you should talk less and sing more. I want to continue to support the band I love but for God's sake..don't add to the division in this country set in motion by our radical 44th president.

I was there that night, and there was no "we know better than you" said. But yes, they do know better than a whole lot of people. Primarily those on the right.
I loved the performance of "American Soul" -- loud, flashy, and lyrics full of substance and heart. And the fact that the band sticks it to Trump supporters and Republicans every night with this song -- I LOVE THAT! Those people are sickening and I love that they're getting so much resistance from the majority of the country, if not the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 5/16/2018 at 9:02 AM, detroitalan said:

Thank you, bosawx.

Bono is a great entertainer, but extremely naive.

Pandering to women and insulting those who are not leftists is feeble.

He's been around the world, seen so many things. Clearly not naive after all that for 40+ years.
Naive are those who live in their bubble saying things like "pandering to woman is feeble", and that's putting it nicely.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 5/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, rspass said:

Hear hear... I've been to 30 U2 shows since 1987 and although I understand they are an extreme political group,  I've been able to ignore the rhetoric and enjoy the show.  However, it is starting to get over the top.. the anti Police stance is shameful.  Hands up don't shoot was a lie and proven to be so.  They were all for police and fire fighters back in 2001 during 911 when it was popular...even bringing them up on stage at MSG.  fast forward 17 years and now the in thing is anti Trump anti law enforcement anti anyone who is not on the left. . Bono is disconnected.. Trump was voted by the American people for a reason. This group wants soooo hard to be relavent  again that they don't understand that people just want to hear a rock and roll show.  I know you can't completely stop your rhetoric but stop trying so hard.  Just play the F-ing music and it will be great. They continue to reinforce this divide the 44th president started then play "One"...  and as far as the show.. its not a terrible set list, I get it- you want to play the new songs but come on guys, don't send us home asleep.  Throw  something in the encore with a little giddy up.. i.e.. streets , out of control or even something else  from Rattle and Hum like God part II since its 30 year anniversary. 

The band aren't "anti-police", they are "anti-Trump regime", there's a difference.
Trump was "elected" because he cheated. Plain and simple. If you don't see that, then I pity you.
And clearly you don't see why the show ends with "13 (There is a Light)". Just like when the 2015 tour started with "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)", this is a production built on STORY ELEMENTS, not just any rock concert. and the song "13" ends that story wonderfully!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 5/18/2018 at 4:22 PM, Rich T. said:

Maybe it's that way in Syria or somewhere - I don't know.  It's not that way in the US, anyhow.

Yet women still make how much less, on the dollar, than men do in America?   How many have suffered assault and not been able to report it because they feared retribution?  It's supposedly changing.  I'll believe it when the facts speak it.  For now, women are not afforded the same as men are in America.  I'm not arguing with you.  I like the way we've exchanged differences. I think that is what the band means with nowhere do women...

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Community Moderator

please make an effort to keep the topic. There's always the option to open a new thread to continue a discussion that is not necessarily following the thread original subject.

Thanks.