U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My. Husband. Just. Called. In. And. Was. Caller. 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE’RE GOING TO THE APOLLO!!!! I can’t believe it - holy s*it we’re going.  Calling in works!! 

I got the golden ticket through the Sirius XM random drawing!!!  I'm still in total shock!!!  I must have re-read the email 100 times to make sure it was real.  I'm so glad they're opening it up to th

Hi everyone, I was caller 10 this morning!  I was home listening on the app on my phone.  As soon as I heard it started playing, I called.  The first time, after about 10 seconds of silence, I hung up

Posted Images

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, edfelt said:

Any likelihood a few U2 fanclub members might be invited?  I'd certainly get to NYC if U2 decides I'm a likely candidate!!!

Me too.. it's on my B'day. Already reached out to someone I know at Sirius who said no way he can get me in :(

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I went to the Guns n Roses SiriusXM subscriber event at the Apollo last year. The way that worked was that SiriusXM sent out an email saying that on a certain date and time to click the link in the email, and request up to 2 tickets to the show. They were first come first served so they went very quickly, and I think only a portion of the seats in the Apollo were available for the contest. My wife and I didn't get tickets, but we went down to the Apollo on show day very early in the morning in case there were any people who didn't show up hoping we could get in. Eventually we did get in - and we had seats in the lower box just above the stage. It turned out they were seats that Axl Rose had for friends and family (per the Sirius rep) and he ended up giving them to us as we waited outside for so long (17 hours). Everyone at the show got free t-shirts, posters, food, drink, etc. I assume this will be the same process.

So don't fret if you can't get tickets through Sirius - Howard Stern will probably give away a pair or two, and you can always do as we did and just take a chance, go down to the Apollo, and maybe you'll get in w better seats than most of the execs or celebs.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

I'm a Sirius and XM subscriber so do I get to do two entries?

Would be nice is U2.com members in tri-state area were eligible to win a seat.  And for a real throwback, how about extra chances to win for all former propaganda subscribers!

• Brilliant 3
  • Subscriber

A dream has almost come true....
Three years ago when U2 were in New York for their I&E tour, I waited with countless other fans to meet them on July 18, 2015. When Bono came out, he signed my sign and Billie Holiday postcard. I am so shy, but I wrestled up the courage to tell him that I am U2's #1 fan (everyone says that), that I grew up in Harlem, and wished that they'd come perform at the Apollo Theatre. When I met Edge, I also asked him about the Apollo. Today while at work, I received a text from a friend informing me that U2 will perform at the Apollo this June (sponsored by Sirius). I want to be there! I've seen them in different cities, but the Apollo would be my fondest memory, for sure! I grew up not too far from the Apollo, and U2's music has inspired me, given me hope, as well as entertained me. I have to be there!! Romona (aka angelofharlem4u2).

July18MSG#2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Brilliant 2