Sign in to follow this  
U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

Was connected to wifi and live.  I double checked because I was so surprised by the lag

5 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Was connected to wifi and live.  I double checked because I was so surprised by the lag

It must have been been a lag on the Sirius side at that time.

the app does buffer, including across devices like say phone to pc.  Be sure to hit GoLive every once and awhile to make sure you are as close to up to date as possible.  Indeed I can wear headphones all day, but I can't drive around all day.

Anyone know when the U2.com winners are being announced? 

1 hour ago, sm2112 said:

Anyone know when the U2.com winners are being announced? 

The deadline for entering here is 5 pm Eastern Time today. Since the show is next Monday, they won't be able to linger very long in informing people, esp. if any winners would be traveling cross-country.

My best educated guess would be tomorrow, but, failing that, it realistically couldn't be later than Thursday - people have to have enough lead time to make arrangements to come. That's true even for potential winners who live more locally.

I agree that it would be nice to get word when it will be too - as soon as possible.

Remember if you don't have tickets or win tickets somehow it is still possible to get into the show - we did just that for the Guns n Roses one last year. You just need to put in the time waiting and it certainly helps to befriend someone from the SiriusXM staff many of whom will be floating around all day outside the Apollo. It's a chance worth taking IMO. Although with a two week old baby at home we'll probably skip it this year -

whats the number to call? ive heard the announcement 4 or 5 times but catch it after they announce the phone number. 

1 (877) 456-2888

Regarding the lag: yeah, we won via the app at home. I couldnt tell you the lag at the time but I'm sure there's different buffering going on based on time of day, traffic etc.

Also note that my husband physically dialed the number. When he tried just hitting "re-dial" on his phone, the line just went busy.

I hope that helps, good luck to everyone - it would be great if more Zootopians here won!!

• Like 1

Has anyone won by calling in yet?

I won this morning, they took all my information and said someone from promo department would get back to me sometime today. I havent heard anything yet..........

3 minutes ago, couch said:

Has anyone won by calling in yet?

I won this morning, they took all my information and said someone from promo department would get back to me sometime today. I havent heard anything yet..........

What time did you win?