Sign in to follow this  
U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

9 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

So I did an online chat with Sirius to say the number goes through to a Cisco message.  They tell me contest ended on 6/4. I tell them this is for a different contest a dial-in one for tickets and no transport. They act confused and are useless.  I'm done listening for 8 -12 hours a day.  Might even be done with subscription at this point

Are they still running the AOH/Call To Win promos today at all? I've listened between meetings but I haven't heard it... could've missed it though.

Oh yeah, they're playing it now (the promo, not the song).

The contest runs through June 8th. They play it twice. I've only gotten no ring and a hang up or the Cisco messaging thing.

I got in my car this afternoon and it was playing. First half of the song, but missed the beginning. Didn't get through. One minute difference and I could have heard the beginning of the song. 

There is quite a bit of delay on the app and online vs the car. It varies but I think it's at least two minute a lot of the time.

Sigh... I wish everyone posting in this thread could go. :)

• Like 2

lukylsp....Whr are u staying? Near the Apollo? We are looking at places ?

Just now, cmripa said:

lukylsp....Whr are u staying? Near the Apollo? We are looking at places ?

No, I stay downtown when I'm in NY - I like the restaurants and the vibe plus it's a shorter drive to JFK on my VERY early flight back home on Tuesday morning. It'll be a little bit of a trek after the show but I can take the shuttle the're offering or a LYFT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jenn_mck said:

just did some math for those of you interested... these are the contest tickets by the numbers so far:

1 pair = Grand Prize

25 pairs = U2.com song request 

16 pairs = AOH 10th caller promo (they played it at 6:45am EST yesterday and again in the afternoon, so they are playing 2 times/day) (ends June 8th)

25 pairs = Facebook/Twitter photo contest, ends 5pm today (not sure if eastern or pacific time zone)

These equal 134 tickets, which is less than 10% of the total tickets available (1500). Maybe there will be another 25 pair contest tomorrow (eternal optimist). Maybe they'll get up to 500 for actual fans (super eternal optimist). 

Congrats to all who have won! Best of Luck to the rest of us! 

There was also a targeted email to Sirius subscribers ‘in the area’. ( the fine print was 3.2 million) You had to respond and enter. No transport, just 25 pairs of tickets given away. This one is in addition to the ones above. It ended 5/30. 

That’s encouraging to hear there was a winner via the app - I’ve been so frustrated by the lag, as it would seem impossible to win if not listening in the car. I literally had a baby monitor on my car radio this morning, I’m nuts. ?‍♀️

• Like 2