U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, travelergirl30 said:

He said he got through on his 7th try from when he first heard it start. Yet, other people say they have over a 2 minute lag between their car and the app, so sounds like it's really up in the air for each person. ?

I think it's a slimmer chance on the app but not impossible. Lots of variables, and like someone said, it would take time for people to pull over and call. I actually did some hanging around in my driveway today, so others might be too. :) But it probably depends on luck and who is calling from where.

What I would like to know is if it actually ever rings or does something other than silently hang up on you or kick to that voice mail...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My. Husband. Just. Called. In. And. Was. Caller. 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE’RE GOING TO THE APOLLO!!!! I can’t believe it - holy s*it we’re going.  Calling in works!! 

I got the golden ticket through the Sirius XM random drawing!!!  I'm still in total shock!!!  I must have re-read the email 100 times to make sure it was real.  I'm so glad they're opening it up to th

Hi everyone, I was caller 10 this morning!  I was home listening on the app on my phone.  As soon as I heard it started playing, I called.  The first time, after about 10 seconds of silence, I hung up

Posted Images

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, angelofharlem4u2 said:

Those of us who haven't won can all convene at the Harlem Tavern on 116th Street :).

Any idea how much sound makes it ouside the Apollo, if any? Thinking about just heading up there and standing around in hopes that someone will take pity on me...

• Like 1

Angel of Harlem just played a few minutes ago. Anyone lucky enough to get through?  Just wondering if a human ever answers. Sometimes I get long silence, or a recorded voice that says the line isn't available.

Edited by vtgirl77
typo
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, vtgirl77 said:

Angel of Harlem just played a few minutes ago. Anyone lucky enough to get through?  Just wondering if a human ever answers. Sometimes I get long silence, or a recorded voice that says the line isn't available.

Wow. I wouldn't have expected it to play again. I believe the rules say they only play it twice per day. I have not gotten any other experience other than the one that you describe.

• Subscriber

I did see someone say on  Twitter how they called and were caller 7, so someone must be live answering. 

Radio stations sometimes take their time answering too. To stagger winning times. My experience with calling in to win tickets for other shows, anyway. 

Ive seen people post on twitter who’ve won on twitter, Facebook, u2.com, and calling in. I think most are chosen except the rules for the Facebook twitter contest said to leave your entry post set to public through 6/10, in case some chosen can’t claim the prize. 

Theyll choose someone else. 

• Subscriber
On 6/5/2018 at 6:05 PM, cmripa said:

We got final confirmation late today....pinch me...out of my mind...SO excited!!! Will most definitely be one of the most magical U2 events for me (although there’s been many over the past 35 yrs ?❤️ this is sure to be one of the best!) good luck to all diehards hoping to get in that door!! ?? 

Wow, congrats.  How did you find out? email?  Are you a Sirius XM winner or U2.com winner?

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, dmway said:

I'd just be happy if they confirmed that all the tickets offered have already been claimed - that way, those who haven't won tickets can stop hoping in vain.

It would be nice.

I AGREE!!!  Checking email every day and . . . nothing.

• Like 1