Sign in to follow this  
U2ITNOL

U2 playing SiriusXM show at Apollo Theater June 11th

4 hours ago, DeirdreBell said:

I got the golden ticket through the Sirius XM random drawing!!!  I'm still in total shock!!!  I must have re-read the email 100 times to make sure it was real.  I'm so glad they're opening it up to the fan club too.  It's the right thing to do.   I'm taking my sister.  We've both been going to U2 shows since the Unforgettable Fire tour, but somehow we've never sat together.  (She always managed to get better seats than me!)   Practicing Angel of Harlem on the guitar, cuz you never know!!!   Fingers crossed for everyone in the contest!

Which contest was his one? They ended up running so many plus calling in I lost track :lol:

Congrats to you, so great!! I wonder if they’ll have all of us winners near one another and I also wonder where the seats will be. 

Trust, I’m happy to just be in the house but I’m more curious than anything else. 

Edited by lukylsp

So I thought that the question asked for the Apollo contest was fun and interesting enough that I decided to start a thread about it. Hope others might be interested in playing along! ? 

58 minutes ago, lukylsp said:

Which contest was his one? They ended up running so many plus calling in I lost track :lol:

Congrats to you, so great!! I wonder if they’ll have all of us winners near one another and I also wonder where the seats will be. 

Trust, I’m happy to just be in the house but I’m more curious than anything else. 

This was just the general, if you’re an XM subscriber, you might get an email inviting you to attend. And I did!  I got the email Thursday and had been obsessively monitoring my in boxes. They know which channels I listen to so maybe that helped?  

Angel Of Harlem on, hope someone’s called in! 4:24 PT for those keeping track

Edited by lukylsp

7 hours ago, dmway said:

Yes, I can confirm that - as I said earlier in the thread, I got to see The Police on their reunion tour when they played at the Apollo.

All the seats are good.

I saw Gorillaz there, great venue

• Like 1

So here’s a query for the group: I need to come up with some reason(s) for missing work on Monday and part of the day Tuesday (we’re going to do an insane turnaround fly into NY on Sunday and flight out of NY Tuesday morning after the show). 

I’ve already taken some days off here and there for the tour opener etc. so I need to treat this one with a little care. 

Good excuses welcomed here if you have any. Points for realistic reasons for missing work vs. “I have to stay home because a taradactyl flew away with my car” 

29 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

They just played AOH at 7:25 but phone number isn't working, grrrrrr

Dang it! I’ve been listening all day (really since the broadcast started yesterday)but was getting my hair cut and had to take my headphones off! 

1 minute ago, sms_10 said:

Dang it! I’ve been listening all day (really since the broadcast started yesterday)but was getting my hair cut and had to take my headphones off! 

Same here, been listening since 10:30am.  So pissed the call wouldn't go through

13 minutes ago, lynn_klein said:

Same here, been listening since 10:30am.  So pissed the call wouldn't go through

I got an email from the U2 website and about had a heartattack! It was just an email saying we could enter in their giveaway for tickets to the Apollo and I’d already done that. ?

• Like 1