Jump to content

Chicago Live Thread #U2eiTour


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

Great show last night.  They sounded incredible.  My seat ended up being in the second row, main stage, by the Edge with no one in the front row.  Last night's show was different.  I could feel something in the air.  Maybe they were doubly determined after the first show.  I don't know, but last night they were the best band I've ever seen live.  Wow.  I love The Edge's guitar when he gets that riff going in Staring at the Sun.  They dynamics were great.   He was standing right in front of us and playing.  Then Bono and he were going at it as they do. My whole row was right up front to the side.  I've never jumped or screamed or smiled so hard.  I also could watch Larry drum.  The whole thing was a dream come true.

It is also official-I double checked and a flashing sign on the highway definitely says:  LSD Closed.  ???  I thought I wasn't seeing clearly the first night-two nights in a row...LSD is closed in Chicago. Can anyone explain?  That's a bit of a typo.  Very funny yet baffling.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

I was surprised how toned down Bono's rhetoric is during the show.  I agree with the politics.  I was expecting longer speeches.  I thought it was all done well.  It worked without pushing an agenda down someone's throat.  I loved how Bono presented it in a more subdued manner.  

I also thought that the scary Macphisto segment was well done.  The script was extremely well written, performed and produced.  The end, where he takes off the makeup, had some great lines, as did the whole segment.  I wish I could see that script.

The segment about women flowed smoothly and worked.

I loved how the show ended with 13 and the metaphorical imagery.  I was very impressed with this show-even more than I thought I would be.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Great show last night.  They sounded incredible.  My seat ended up being in the second row, main stage, by the Edge with no one in the front row.  Last night's show was different.  I could feel something in the air.  Maybe they were doubly determined after the first show.  I don't know, but last night they were the best band I've ever seen live.  Wow.  I love The Edge's guitar when he gets that riff going in Staring at the Sun.  They dynamics were great.   He was standing right in front of us and playing.  Then Bono and he were going at it as they do. My whole row was right up front to the side.  I've never jumped or screamed or smiled so hard.  I also could watch Larry drum.  The whole thing was a dream come true.

It is also official-I double checked and a flashing sign on the highway definitely says:  LSD Closed.  ???  I thought I wasn't seeing clearly the first night-two nights in a row...LSD is closed in Chicago. Can anyone explain?  That's a bit of a typo.  Very funny yet baffling.

LSD is Lake Shore Drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
47 minutes ago, bduling2 said:

LSD is Lake Shore Drive.

LOL.  Of course it is.  There was traffic zooming and the concert still  booming in my head when I passed the sign.  I'm so tired today that I cannot think.  Thanks.  I know Lake Shore Drive.  I ended up heading back into the city and was driving on Lake Shore Drive last night.  It was not closed!  ?

Edited by Manohlive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

LOL.  Of course it is.  There was traffic zooming and the concert still  booming in my head when I passed the sign.  I'm so tired today that I cannot think.  Thanks.  I know Lake Shore Drive.  I ended up heading back into the city and was driving on Lake Shore Drive last night.  It was not closed!  ?

So, in a manner of speaking, you were on LSD last night... ???

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
Just now, dmway said:
41 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

 

So, in a manner of speaking, you were on LSD last night... ???

Perfection.   That was be-you-tea-full, dmway.  I can't give any more reactions but LOL and ❤️

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • bigwave unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...