Sign in to follow this  
pop1

Please Change The Set List U2 Shows Are Very Boring

They have never been one to mix up the setlists, too much is programmed for there to be room to be spontaneous.

Springsteen can do a 4-night stand and play 60+ different songs, they need to emulate their idol a bit more imho

1 hour ago, 504jumper said:

Good to know; much appreciated. I will do that. It would be great to lock up a pair of tickets before I land, but if it takes meeting up with the seller on the day of the show, no problem.

Thanks again, Rich. I think we've communicated before.  My name is Rich, too.

Rich H. 

Yep - we "Riches" have to stick together!  ?   Good luck, but I know you'll be OK - it just takes persistence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynn_klein said:

They have never been one to mix up the setlists, too much is programmed for there to be room to be spontaneous.

Springsteen can do a 4-night stand and play 60+ different songs, they need to emulate their idol a bit more imho

Agreed.  In theory they can ditch the lights and the images for 30 minutes, and just frickin' play any songs they want, even if Edge has to forego some special effects.   I know this hasn't been their approach, but it would be refreshing as the tour goes on.  Won't happen though.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 12:14 AM, 504jumper said:

Thanks, Rich. How would I buy tickets for a sold out show, say Dublin?

Have you looked on U2 start.com as well?  You can sign up to get email updates about tickets for particular dates you are interested in as fans list them to sell or swap.   All face value - none of this scalping malarkey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heather S said:

Have you looked on U2 start.com as well?  You can sign up to get email updates about tickets for particular dates you are interested in as fans list them to sell or swap.   All face value - none of this scalping malarkey.

Thank you, Heather. I've heard of it, but haven't visited the ticket-selling portion of the site. I will definitely check it now. You nailed my biggest concern--scalping. I'm a guy on a budget and sometimes those ticket prices (like n StubHub) are out of my reach. 

On 6/1/2018 at 1:40 PM, Rich T. said:

Agreed.  In theory they can ditch the lights and the images for 30 minutes, and just frickin' play any songs they want, even if Edge has to forego some special effects.   I know this hasn't been their approach, but it would be refreshing as the tour goes on.  Won't happen though.

I second that emotion. It would be so awesome to see two shows and they are both so different. I caught both shows in San Jose, and while they were both pretty awesome, it would been spectacular if they really varied the setlists.

One of things I read was that they also like to keep the sets similar for when they record a show for the DVD. On that night, they want to be at there most practiced. I'm not sure if that is the right word or not, but I can understand the logic behind that.

While I do agree with you, I think that they are telling a story through this setlist. Perhaps if they were to sit down and regroup to find alternate songs that could also tell the story they could switch things around. Otherwise, I doubt it will change very much. It doesn't change that I'm still happy to see them perform!

they mixed  it up  a lot  more on  last indoor tour....if they could do it then,  they  ruddy  can  do  it now  for   this  tour  too.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, 504jumper said:

Thanks, Rich. How would I buy tickets for a sold out show, say Dublin?

For the i+e Tour I bought tickets through Seatwave for Dublin night 4 and while they were smooth to work with I don't endorse a re-seller offically as my official statement here :)

BUT they didn't post tickets to the US in time for my flight departure AND tickets dropped via Ticketmaster in the meantime so I grabbed a pair of those and asked Seatwave to refund me because they didn't make the shipping deadline. Which they shockingly did.

So moral of the story is, if you're willing to book a trip to Dublin without tickets in hand, wait for a ticket drop closer to show date.

Edited by lukylsp
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, lukylsp said:

For the i+e Tour I bought tickets through Seatwave for Dublin night 4 and while they were smooth to work with I don't endorse a re-seller offically as my official statement here :)

BUT they didn't post tickets to the US in time for my flight departure AND tickets dropped via Ticketmaster in the meantime so I grabbed a pair of those and asked Seatwave to refund me because they didn't make the shipping deadline. Which they shockingly did.

So moral of the story is, if you're willing to book a trip to Dublin without tickets in hand, wait for a ticket drop closer to show date.

Thanks, lukylsp, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I've heard from a few other Zootopians that tickets drop like that. It's a little unnerving to head to Dublin without tickets in hand, but I'm trying to keep the faith. I don't endorse re-sellers, either.