Sign in to follow this  
pop1

Please Change The Set List U2 Shows Are Very Boring

36 minutes ago, dmway said:

I think in Europe, you'll get a different setlist.

For example, I have difficulty seeing them playing GOOYOW and "American Soul" over there - I think you could get a different pairing like "Summer of Love" with a song like "Invisible". The first two are definitely centered on the States - the other two would make a nice pairing addressing the migrant crisis from Syria which Europe felt much more profoundly that we did here.

Well, whatever songs they choose, I bet you won't get the first pair.

Thanks Buddy......still sooooooooo excited!

• Like 1

Is part of the so called boredom caused by the fact that in these days of the internet you know instantly on line what the show will be. This has been the case since at least the Vertigo tour!

I like most of the set list and I hope it stays mostly intact come Europe. It’s not a greatest hits tour, there’s a subtle hint in the title that is Experience and Innocence. 

We are fortunate to have been given 3 tours in 4 years in Europe and North America. I personally can’t wait to see them in Manchester and London in October(when the leaves are stripped bare). 

• Like 1

Agree that viewing the show from two perspectives makes the static setlist more tolerable. I was down front night 1 Boston and in the lower bowl  night 2.  Different experiences and enjoyed both.  The visuals are great for sure and I think I preferred the seats, taking in the whole show including the e stage. But I think the setlist is lacking especially the opening and encores and the flip of All Because of You for Gloria (really?? thats not a fair trade!!).  I understand the concept but it just isn't as engaging as i+e was for me. I don't need to hear the JT songs again, but also don't need One and Desire again...

This topic has been discussed since the start of the tour.  It's absolutely clear now that the set list is set in stone (the only difference is swapping out "Gloria" for "All Because of You" on the second night in a city).  Even "Red Flag Day" is gone, and earlier "Raised by Wolves" was dropped (too long of a set for them?  too high for Bono to sing every time?).

I'd prefer less visual choreography and more set list diversity, but they're not going to do it.  The only mystery remaining is if the set list will be tweaked for Europe.  Otherwise, as someone who went to two of the early shows in the tour (San Jose, Las Vegas), it's boring to follow the tour, waiting for anything different, but nothing different happens.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 3:43 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Is part of the so called boredom caused by the fact that in these days of the internet you know instantly on line what the show will be. This has been the case since at least the Vertigo tour!

I like most of the set list and I hope it stays mostly intact come Europe. It’s not a greatest hits tour, there’s a subtle hint in the title that is Experience and Innocence. 

We are fortunate to have been given 3 tours in 4 years in Europe and North America. I personally can’t wait to see them in Manchester and London in October(when the leaves are stripped bare). 

Great post. Agree with that also re the internet.

On a slightly different point, we all know about 'autotune', that doesn't bother me but why is Bono opening the show singing over a backing track? Baffles me.

30 minutes ago, Daviesweeten said:

On a slightly different point, we all know about 'autotune', that doesn't bother me but why is Bono opening the show singing over a backing track? Baffles me.

I could be wrong, but I think it’s part of the story of the show. Like he’s there but not really. Makes sense if you look at his automated moves with it. It’s him right before “The Blackout”.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if people in Europe want to see American Soul live or not?  There might leave many songs I'd like to hear replace it, were I not American. I'm so tired of reading and watching the real news that I wasn't even listening to American Soul much, to be honest.  Hearing it live gave me a different angle of approach.  It's now one of the first tracks to which I'll listen if I pull out SOE for just a couple of songs.  What would American Soul mean in Europe?  That is both a literal and rhetorical question. I don't want to veer this thread off topic. I'm curious to see what this part of the show becomes.  Will they keep it in the setlist?  Will they do Red Flag every night instead?  Will Little Things reappear?  Wild Horses?  I can see how Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses could replace American Soul. It can look at my country and ask after American Soul has been here and told.  I never liked Bono telling me about America until this tour.  Now I want him (them) to question  us from afar.  I'm biased.  I realize it's not just about us.  It's about every one. 

I'm very interested in and fascinated by this part of the setlist/show as it crosses the Atlantic.  

Edited by Manohlive

18 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I'm wondering if people in Europe want to see American Soul live or not?  There might leave many songs I'd like to hear replace it, were I not American. I'm so tired of reading and watching the real news that I wasn't even listening to American Soul much, to be honest.  Hearing it live gave me a different angle of approach.  It's now one of the first tracks to which I'll listen if I pull out SOE for just a couple of songs.  What would American Soul mean in Europe?  That is both a literal and rhetorical question. I don't want to veer this thread off topic. I'm curious to see what this part of the show becomes.  Will they keep it in the setlist?  Will they do Red Flag every night instead?  Will Little Things reappear?  Wild Horses?  I can see how Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses could replace American Soul. It can look at my country and ask after American Soul has been here and told.  I never liked Bono telling me about America until this tour.  Now I want him (them) to question  us from afar.  I'm biased.  I realize it's not just about us.  It's about every one. 

I'm very interested in and fascinated by this part of the setlist/show as it crosses the Atlantic.  

I agree. I made a suggestion above at what the European audience could conceivably get instead of the GOOYOW/American Soul pairing. It would work better there.

Now, whether or not they would choose it, I have no idea...

14 minutes ago, dmway said:

I agree. I made a suggestion above at what the European audience could conceivably get instead of the GOOYOW/American Soul pairing. It would work better there.

Now, whether or not they would choose it, I have no idea...

I must have missed it.  My eyes go fuzzy wuzzy when I scroll.  I shall make sure I read it.

• Like 1