The last U2 tour

wahine

• Subscriber

Maybe larry and the band are a little dissapointed at the moment re album sales and tickets sales for the UK shows.....But I reckon once they hit the road theywill realise just how much this band means to a lot of people .Times are hard for a lot of people the global credit crucnch is like nothin else we have seen.............It will be fine i reckon they are still the best band by far and they are so good it spoils every other gig I go to because no one can touchthese boys from Dublin.

I had not heard this yet. Where can we hear or see the interview.

This album is extremely progressive, and something I think they are really proud of. Low album sales would be a frustrating thing after all the work put intothis. So maybe that is where this stems, as others have said.

I read something along these lines the other day. Something to the effect of Bono being the only one in the band who really wants to take this album on theroad. The others apparently want to stay home with their families.

I think that's why we've only seen tour dates booked for 4 months this year. They'll then return home to their families in October, finish the nextalbum so it's out by Christmas and then start the tour for real in 2010 (if their hearts are in it and the global financial crisis has improved).

I do feel the band are close to announcing their retirement from massive World tours. They'll all be pushing 50 by the end of this tour and I'm surethere are other pursuits they'd like to turn their minds to. I don't think they want to become like the Stones and just tour the old hits for the restof their careers. U2 have achieved everything they can as a band - there's no challenge any more except trying to get to Godlike status (that is, to bedeclared bigger than the Beatles) - I don't think that will ever happen.

U2 to go out on high note

The Daily Express, March 21, 2009

With U2 having released their 12th album, drummer Larry Mullen Jr. believes their days are numbered.

A founder member with Bono, The Edge and Adam Clayton, he says it's important the band goes out while still on top of their game.

"There will be a time when it's like, 'It's time to go,'" says Larry, 47, known as Babyface Mullen.

"I would like that to be on a high when you're still achieving as opposed to the curve down. That'll be sad for me. I think it'll be a moredignified time to go.

"We might come back in five years' time and may do something together for old times' sake because we know we'll want to. That'll be abeautiful end to a long, beautiful career. It can't go on for ever. It just can't."

Source.

Hey guys please don't forget about their multi million deal with live nation which includes much more live tours coming ahead.It was for ten years i think.

If someone knows the detail please write here.

Take care.

Here's a link to an article regarding U2'S 12 year contarct with live nation. Hardly sounds like they have plans for quitting! Note how it says"u2 sign contract" Not "bono signs contract". U2 have always been an equal opportunity employer. Each member gets a quarter share. If theysigned this contract they signed it as a band and all four members agree to the contract. U2 is a very business savvy group. The chances of them re-negging onthis contract are almost non exsistent. We'll see U2 touring well into the 20/teens.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/u2%20sign%2012-year%20live%20nation%20deal_1064120

Question answered!