What concert are you seeing next?

• Subscriber
On 12/4/2018 at 1:45 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Manics next June and if the Presale goes well tomorrow Muse 

I am still chomping at the bit for Muse to tour America.  The Drones tour was awesome.  I know I've said this but it was awesome!  

Head and Heart last night-great seat-all good.  A  lady in a plastic circular sequined smock-like something walked down the aisle. We are talking cheaper than soda bottle plastic sequins which were clearly made to reflect light. I  knew she was gonna be in front of me the second I saw her.  😖   My first thought was, 'Dude, make the best of it.'  (myself being dude)  Those sequins sparkled  to where they caught any and every sign of light. (pun intended)   People were looking at her like she was crazy..  She was one seat in front of me, to my right.  I thought, 'Whew!  I escaped part of it.  She's still right there but not in front of me.  Whew!  I lucked out.'  NOPE. (Lol)  Her boyfriend joined her a few minutes later. He was like Speedy Gonzalez on speed.   He kept yelling nonsensical  things at John, the lead singer, during the whole of the show. Their cell phones never dimmed.  At one point he was watching gifs and vids during songs, while holding up the phone as though he was filming the show. They were using their phones to film 360 degrees pan shots of the audience/venue.   I thought,  'Okay. One pan is cool.  Twice?  Okay.  You are done now, yes?'   NOPE.  (Lol again)  They did dozens.  They did 360 pans from every angle possible.  The guy even passed his cell phone between his legs to do some 360 pans.  Eventually the screens got my eyes and kicked off a migraine but I'll be fine.  Why do people think concerts are permission to be rude and inconsiderate of others?  I don't get it.  It took quite a while, but I no longer let it get me.  At one point, without realizing it, I said, "Dear God have Mercy on me."  Some people heard me, laughed and nodded.  The people in my row were all very cool.  I had a great, great time.  😀  

The show was fantastic.  It was a one-off gig.  They aren't even touring.  They flew into Chicago to do this one concert. I've never heard them do Down in the Valley where it sounded better. 10,000 Weight in Gold was pure bliss.  They did a scaled down version of Your Mother's Eyes. It is one of the best things I've ever heard live. The song, Shake, kicked major ass last night. They did another new song, which I loved. They were relaxed from time spent at home, with family, and not touring.  It made for an especially good Head and the Heart show.  I am already anxiously awaiting their return.   

It is very pleasant and quite beautiful to be in downtown Chicago during the holidays.  My next shows are all Dawes: 01/26 in Chicago. 01/29 in Oshkosh and 02/17 in Clearwater, Florida. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend posted this on FB.     

😁🧛‍♂️🦇⚰️🌙😁

Posted Images

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

@Manohlive they are touring N America next year. I don’t think they are coming near Milwaukee mind

http://www.muse.mu/tour

Chicago-April 12, 2019.  The United Center and Muse in Chicago....

I did not know.  That just made my day/week, Doc  It's only a 90 minute drive and I love Chicago.   Grazie Mille.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

It's now five or six Dawes shows between Jan 25 and Feb 19 for me.  I wish I could see them at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.  I'd love to see any show at that venue.  I found a good single seat to see Twenty One Pilots in Indianapolis.  I have to wait until June, but $59.50 is quite reasonable.  They are selling out everywhere-including Europe.   Houndmouth is coming to Chicago in March and it's $25 so I'm going to that too.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, dmway said:

The Genesis Show (a Genesis cover band, obviously) in six days!

Then, 5 days after that....The Unforgettable Fire again! :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

.  Feb 1-Philadelphia-The Filmore-Dawes-$29.50.  That also includes a physical copy of their new Cd-Passwords.   

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
On 12/4/2018 at 1:45 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Manics next June and if the Presale goes well tomorrow Muse 

How did the presale go for you?   They sold very well in Chicago.  I'll be fine with waiting to get a ticket or two, but all the good seats are gone.

• Subscriber
On 1/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, clarky46 said:

the cure 

I'm hoping and praying they tour America and book a gig in Chicago that is not Lollapalooza. (too many people for this graying Zootopian)