Popular Posts

A friend posted this on FB.     

😁🧛‍♂️🦇⚰️🌙😁

Posted Images

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, dmway said:

UF again tonight! 😎

...and it was awesome! 🤘😎

That may have been the best show of theirs yet!

More in the Tribute Band Clearinghouse thread...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I saw the Genesis tribute band, "The Musical Box", tonight - they played one of my favorite shows that they have ever played. I have been seeing them for 20 years too. Just a great job tonight.

My next show (providing I don't see Unforgettable Fire again first) will be Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, a tribute to the pre-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon Pink Floyd led by the PF drummer himself. I can't wait! B)

• Subscriber

A friend is getting us tickets to go see Jennifer Lopez on July 3, at Summerfest, for an early birthday present. (Her show won't cost a thing.)  I am sucker for a well choreographed pop concert. I would not have gone but I'm excited.  It's JLO!    

1 hour ago, dmway said:

I saw the Genesis tribute band, "The Musical Box", tonight - they played one of my favorite shows that they have ever played. I have been seeing them for 20 years too. Just a great job tonight.

I saw Genesis a few times and they were great.  Did the setlist make this one of your favorite shows by The Musical Box?  If so-which ones?   If off topic-please pm me.  I'm curious.  

• Subscriber

Battle Beast tonight in Logomo Turku. Released their fifth album yesterday "No more Hollywood endings" and tour started immediately. Yesterday´s gig was broadcast by local media channel. There were 9 new songs in the setlist yesterday.

• Subscriber
On 3/23/2019 at 4:44 AM, Manohlive said:

I saw Genesis a few times and they were great.  Did the setlist make this one of your favorite shows by The Musical Box?  If so-which ones?   If off topic-please pm me.  I'm curious.  

Yes! I would have to say it was my favorite show from them, and I have been seeing them for 20 years. They play primarily the early Peter Gabriel-era of the band, centering on the years 1970-1974 (however, for this tour, they expanded the setlist from 1969-1977).

This is what they played:

ACT 1 (Medley, mainly instrumental)

Unquiet Slumbers For The Sleepers (tape intro)

In That Quiet Earth

All In A Mouse's Night

Robbery, Assault And Battery

Entangled

One For The Vine

Blood On The Rooftops

Los Endos

* only Blood On The Rooftop with vocals - the rest is instrumental.

ACT 2

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Fly On A Windshield / Broadway Melody Of 1974

In The Cage

Hairless Heart

Counting Out Time

Back In NYC

Carpet Crawlers

ACT 3

A Place To Call My Own

Time Table

Seven Stones

Looking For Someone

Can-Utility And The Coastliners

Firth Of Fifth

The Cinema Show

Aisle Of Plenty

After The Ordeal

Dance On A Volcano

Encore:

The Musical Box

OUTSTANDING show! I also see a Collins-era Genesis tribute called "The Genesis Show" - they usually do the 1976-1977 version of the setlist, BUT they have just decided to expand into the later trio era. Next month and in June, they are putting on an Abacab-era show - of course, I'm seeing both shows.

• Subscriber

Not seeing the show until September, BUT I just got a ticket to see Adam Ant! :lol:

I was never a big fan of his performing with the rest of The Ants, but I have always loved his first solo album "Friend Or Foe". And wouldn't you know it...he is playing that whole album in its entirety on this tour. Well, I just had to go, and now I am. The other hits will be played too, but I'm really looking forward to this!

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

The Head and the Heart live streamed a concert to officially announce their new album.  Huge surprise that Kenny is back in the band touring.  They also announced tour dates:  I am going, thus far to:  Chicago; Ames, Iowa, Grand Rapids and Minneapolis.  I'm skipping Muse to do these HnH gigs.  I'm also very hopeful for a Milwaukee date at Summerfest with HnH.  By contract, they cannot play Lollapalooza and Summerfest the same year.  They are not playing Lolla and they have a history with Summerfest.   I'm already putting out feelers to get back stage passes if they do.  They play a side stage and I have buddies who do spotlights, etc, for Summerfest.  It's how I met them and got to talk to John at length about writing.  They're very cool.  They said hi to me, not me to them.  I was hovering in the corner and observing backstage.  Yow.  A new tour by one of my three favorite live bands. I am gonna see four shows, and they'll keep adding dates.  😁

Anyone reading this who is not aware-if you get tickets from TM and later find better seats available at the same price-call customer service asap.  They now charge ten bucks, however, you have the right to switch your seats for the better ones until shortly before the day of the show.   I repeating this because many people I speak with, where I live, are not familiar with the TM policy.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1