dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

On 4/5/2019 at 2:42 PM, dmway said:

my next show may be UF again a week earlier at Penn’s Peak (Apr. 13) - I haven’t decided yet. 

On 4/6/2019 at 3:08 PM, dmway said:

I’m leaning towards going next weekend myself; I’ll let the weather be the final arbiter. 

...and the weather is working out, so I am going to see UF again on Saturday! 😎 Hopefully, it will be a full U2 day, if I am able to get a copy of “The Europa EP” earlier in the day. Fingers crossed! 🤞🍀

Also, out of the blue, Morrissey has just announced a tour - and, as an added bonus, Interpol is going to be the opening band! 😮 Well, the prospect of seeing that combination on the same night was too good to pass up. So, I have yet another show in September (the first of five that month - why do acts that I like insist on touring at the same time? I’d much rather have the shows more spread out.)

To further prove that point, between mid-April and mid-June, a mere two months, I am now seeing 11 shows! 😮 I did not plan on seeing that many, esp. in so short a time. Between mid-June and early September, I am seeing zero - why couldn’t the acts I like spread out their appearances? I have a huge burst for two months, then three months completely off, then another burst in September (and one extra show in October). I feared that 2019 might be a bad concert year since U2 wasn’t going to be touring here - it seems like my prediction was wrong. 😆

12 hours ago, dmway said:

Also, out of the blue, Morrissey has just announced a tour - and, as an added bonus, Interpol is going to be the opening band! 😮

I had a chance to buy presale tickets for Morrissey's Broadway run but I just couldn't do it. Twenty first century Mozz is not the same Mozz that made me swoon in the 80's and 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if he has the Proud Boys running security on this tour. It was Johnny Marr's autobiography that allowed me to listen to The Smiths again. 

10 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

I had a chance to buy presale tickets for Morrissey's Broadway run but I just couldn't do it. Twenty first century Mozz is not the same Mozz that made me swoon in the 80's and 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if he has the Proud Boys running security on this tour. It was Johnny Marr's autobiography that allowed me to listen to The Smiths again. 

Oh, I agree about Morrissey today. However, this show for me satisfies a couple of desires: I haven’t seen him perform in about 15 years (and this will very probably be the last time I see him live), and I’m going just as much for Interpol as for him (they are the one new millennium band I actually like). I’m even placing aside my strong dislike of amphitheaters to see this show.

I couldn’t believe the price of the tickets for his Broadway run. That right there kept me from going.

Still, I am looking forward to this show. I wasn’t expecting such a twin-bill to ever happen.

13 hours ago, dmway said:

I couldn’t believe the price of the tickets for his Broadway run. That right there kept me from going.

Agreed, the ticket prices where about double what I expected. I was contemplating a seat at the very back but even that was $99 + fees.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:51 PM, dmway said:

Not quite a guarantee, but complete faith that the show will be a great one. There is a reason why I have seen them 3 times already since the end of last September and am contemplating seeing them a 4th time next Saturday. I've been seeing them semi-regularly since 2002, and every show has been excellent! B) 

On 4/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, CorkVegan said:

That's good enough recommendation for me. I'm glad that I went for it. There seems to be plenty of dining options nearby. Should be a good night out.

I ended up going, and it was excellent yet again! 😎

@CorkVegan , you are not going to regret going. You will be seeing (relatively) the same show that I did. Even though I’m a bit lukewarm on Coldplay, “Fix You” (i.e., the band that went on before UF) was also really good. You’re in for a good night of music!

2 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

CorkVegan:   How was UF?  

I'm going on Saturday night. Looking at the set That @dmway heard last weekend it should be excellent. I also discovered that there is a Jamaican resturaunt right across the street so I'll be dining on Ital pre-show.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2019 at 2:55 AM, dmway said:

My next show (providing I don't see Unforgettable Fire again first) will be Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, a tribute to the pre-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon Pink Floyd led by the PF drummer himself. I can't wait! B)

...and the first of my two Nick Mason shows is tomorrow at the Beacon Theater on the glorious Upper West Side of Manhattan! 😎

I am spending the day in NYC - so, I’ll be able to see the “Play It Loud - The Instruments of Rock and Roll” exhibit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art beforehand. (I’ll get pictures, of course - esp. if there are any contributions by U2.) I wonder if Nick and his band might pop in themselves. Not impossible, I guess.

Show report later.

Going to see The Church this weekend. They are performing the entire Starfish album, which happens to be one of my top 10 desert island albums. 

• Like 1