What concert are you seeing next?

dmway

• Subscriber

Last night the annual Autumn Krishna Das kirtan in NYC was as uplifting as always. They were filming for a live DVD and the night started a little stiff. KD acknowledged that he was nervous and that they had a setlist of all things. He messed up the order almost immediately, laughed and that broke the ice. The rest of the night was business as usual.

This year he's doing a second night so back in I go.

Edited by CorkVegan
Clarity.
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

Last night, it was The Genesis Show (a Genesis tribute, as you may have figured out). They were phenomenal as usual. 

Now, my next show is on Black Friday: Jason Bonham’s ‘Led Zeppelin Evening’. I will be seeing him at this same venue in late November for the fourth straight year! (Apparently, his sister lives locally, and he stops by to see her every Thanksgiving.) It will be a great time again. 😎

• Subscriber

Last Thursday I went to Philadelphia to see Bob Dylan for the first time. Well worth the trip. Philly is a great spot with or without Bob. 

On Black Friday I'm heading into NYC to see Bob again. This will be my first time at The Beacon so November is turning into a month of firsts.

• Like 2

• Subscriber
On 11/24/2019 at 4:35 AM, CorkVegan said:

Last Thursday I went to Philadelphia to see Bob Dylan for the first time. Well worth the trip. Philly is a great spot with or without Bob. 

On Black Friday I'm heading into NYC to see Bob again. This will be my first time at The Beacon so November is turning into a month of firsts.

Did you see the Dylan show in Philly at The Met? If so, wasn't that venue stunning? I saw Nick Mason's "A Saucerful Of Secrets" early-Pink Floyd show there. I loved the place - great sound too!

The Beacon Theater is one of my favorite NYC venues as well; you'll love it! (My last show there? The aforementioned Nick Mason tour! Added bonus: Roger Waters came out to join him and his band on stage for "Set The Controls For The Heart Of the Sun" - the first mini-reunion of PF members since 2006.)

As I already said above, my next show is also on Black Friday in Bethlehem, PA at the Wind Creek Event Center (formerly, The Sands Bethlehem) - Jason Bonham's "Led Zeppelin Evening". This is the 4th year in a row he has played at that venue immediately after Thanksgiving. I hope that tradition continues ad infinitum...

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, dmway said:

Did you see the Dylan show in Philly at The Met? If so, wasn't that venue stunning? I saw Nick Mason's "A Saucerful Of Secrets" early-Pink Floyd show there. I loved the place - great sound too!

Yes that's right - Dylan at The Met.

The venue is gorgeous. Special mention for the spectacular chandelier. I heard that there has been a recent renovation and they did a fine job. It's definitely on my list of places that I fully intend on returning to.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

Yes that's right - Dylan at The Met.

The venue is gorgeous. Special mention for the spectacular chandelier. I heard that there has been a recent renovation and they did a fine job. It's definitely on my list of places that I fully intend on returning to.

You mean this chandelier?

Yes, it is stunning. 😎

It’s on my list for regular venues now too.

5FFA0ED0-F852-4459-B027-00DB2056CE39.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Just back from Bob at The Beacon.

The setlist was exactly the same but show was so different from Philly. Both audience and performers were looser and the atmosphere was electric. Great venue. Great vibe.

Tomorrow night is my last show of the year (Paw Patrol Live at NJPAC in Newark). Then nothing lined up until March.

Edit: I just remembered that we are going to see Southside Johnny & The Asbury Dukes in Red Bank on New Year's Eve.

Edited by CorkVegan

• Subscriber

Haven't been here for a while! Had fun watching Jamie Lenman at Patterns in Brighton on my birthday a few weeks ago. I also just bagged a last minute ticket for The National at the Brighton Centre tomorrow night - roughly 5 years after I last saw them at The O2 in London. 

Frank Turner's coming to the Brighton Dome as part of his solo tour in March, and by then it'll have been a good four years since I last saw him. Feel like I ought to pop along.