Jump to content

What concert are you seeing next?


dmway
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, caz63 said:

My next concert at the moment will be the killers June 5th in London,so looking forward to that. 🙂🙂

I've seen them a number of times.  They are really, really good live.  You probably already know this.  Mr. Brighside and Someoby Told Me still blow me away every time I see then live.  Their whole show does.  I always think Ronnie is going to break his drum kit.  That guy pounds the f out of those things.  Enjoy!

My next show is The Nutcracker.  I've not seen it for a number of years.  I love the music.  Seeing it live, for me, is a concert.  My bes friend since high school manages the box office and is getting me orchestra row E, in the center, which is right where I want to sit.  I love Tchaikovsky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 11/26/2019 at 1:17 AM, dmway said:

You mean this chandelier?

Yes, it is stunning. 😎

It’s on my list for regular venues now too.

 

5FFA0ED0-F852-4459-B027-00DB2056CE39.jpeg

That is stunning. I remember you posting a pic when you saw Nick Mason.  It's beautiful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

The National were stunning last night. A beautiful show with lots of unexpected highlights. Matt Berninger came down into the crowd a few times and at one point was within touching distance of me; alas, I was thwarted by the sheer volume of people in the way. The other major thing from the night was when they played their track About Today. It's a breakup song but I guess you could also interpret it as being about losing someone in general (https://genius.com/The-national-about-today-lyrics). A friend of mine passed away a couple of months ago, and when they played About Today it made me think of him. I didn't even cry that hard during With Or Without You at my first U2 show. That was powerful stuff. 

I also had a couple of friends who were working as part of the stage crew that night. They said it was generally smooth but apparently one time when Matt went in the crowd the stage manager followed to keep him safe, and a fan punched him & gave him two broken ribs. Behave yourselves, people! The security detail are only there for your safety and the safety of the band! 

Apart from that, great night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2019 at 5:08 AM, Manohlive said:

I've seen them a number of times.  They are really, really good live.  You probably already know this.  Mr. Brighside and Someoby Told Me still blow me away every time I see then live.  Their whole show does.  I always think Ronnie is going to break his drum kit.  That guy pounds the f out of those things.  Enjoy!

My next show is The Nutcracker.  I've not seen it for a number of years.  I love the music.  Seeing it live, for me, is a concert.  My bes friend since high school manages the box office and is getting me orchestra row E, in the center, which is right where I want to sit.  I love Tchaikovsky. 

This will be the 3rd time I have seen them.last time I saw them was on my 49th birthday so a great way to spend my birthday. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 12/8/2019 at 12:09 AM, Manohlive said:

That is stunning. I remember you posting a pic when you saw Nick Mason.  It's beautiful.

It's mind-blowing in person! I can't wait to see a show there again. 😎

Back on topic, I will be seeing The Fixx at Sony Hall in Times Square, NYC on Saturday! They are always great live and I always thought they deserved much more attention after the mid-80s. I saw them a little over a year ago in the Hudson Valley (NY state), and they were so good that I was very eager to see them again. Saturday is the day. 😎

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, caz63 said:

great way to spend my birthday

In my not so humble musical opinion, a great performance is the best way to spend a birthday..

 

24 minutes ago, dmway said:

I will be seeing The Fixx at Sony Hall in Times Square, NYC on Saturday

It's hard to say I have location envy when I'm only 90 minutes north of Chicago.  I do.  😉 

My best friend from high school got me and best bud since high school comps for The Nutrcracker.  I feared castration even asking him prices earlier today. I was given a choice of dates and picked December 23.  It's a nice way to start Christmas.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
22 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It's hard to say I have location envy when I'm only 90 minutes north of Chicago.  I do.  😉 

 

Well, if you have that envy because you would like to see The Fixx yourself, they are playing on December 20th in St. Charles, IL (Arcada Theatre) - is that near you?

If you would like to see Times Square during Xmas-time, well, only an airline would be able to help. My apologies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 12/10/2019 at 11:34 PM, dmway said:

Back on topic, I will be seeing The Fixx at Sony Hall in Times Square, NYC on Saturday! They are always great live and I always thought they deserved much more attention after the mid-80s. I saw them a little over a year ago in the Hudson Valley (NY state), and they were so good that I was very eager to see them again. Saturday is the day. 😎

 

...and here’s my view for the show - front rail again! 😎

 

EADCD2FB-8389-4A50-849A-09DE178DF10E.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...