dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

2 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Inhaler ....apparently the leads singer’s dad is a bit of a knob.....should be a wheeze😉😉

A knob? What’s a knob (besides what you use to open a door with)? 

I’m going to see the local Rush cover band Cygnus X-2 in March. They’re performing a special tribute to Neil Peart and the ticket sales will benefit cancer charities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Inhaler ....apparently the leads singer’s dad is a bit of a knob.....should be a wheeze😉😉

4 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

A knob? What’s a knob (besides what you use to open a door with)? 

He meant "nob" - British slang for something Inhaler's lead singer's dad is not. The Good Doctor is known for sh!t-stirring around here, so take his tongue-in-cheek comment with a grain of salt. 😎

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dmway said:

He meant "nob" - British slang for something Inhaler's lead singer's dad is not. The Good Doctor is known for sh!t-stirring around here, so take his tongue-in-cheek comment with a grain of salt. 😎

Urban dictionary tells me it’s knob or nob Mr way! I won’t provide a link or I might get told off!

Back on track mind I’m really looking forward to seeing inhaler to see if the live up to the hype..... (can you see what I did there?!?😉)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Urban dictionary tells me it’s knob or nob Mr way! I won’t provide a link or I might get told off!

Back on track mind I’m really looking forward to seeing inhaler to see if the live up to the hype..... (can you see what I did there?!?😉)

I did see. 😎

I’m also trying not to giggle too much that you are quoting the Urban Dictionary as if it were the OED. 😆 The proper spelling is of the term is “nob” - it has been around for decades; the one with the extra “k” has become more recognized over time because people kept adding the unnecessary letter.
But, feel free to add the extra letter; however, people will occasionally think that you’re talking about the door-opening device (proof is a few posts above).

Have fun seeing Hewson the Younger! 😎

• Like 1

I saw The Lion King at our performng arts center last night.  It was extraordinary.  I mention it here because when I hear African singing, I am in awe.  How theey can hit those notes is beyond me.  I wouldn't even try the low notes it in the shower.  It was a great show and my first time seeing it.  . 

I'm very happy, and quite fortunate, to say my next concert is now The Head and the Heart, in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on May 20.  Ann Arbor is a wonderful city.  I fell in love when I saw Dawes there last May.  They have a music festival which goes all summer long.  Hee Haw. 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, Manohlive said:

He strongly hinted there is a new Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band album coming out this year.  He had already written it, when he said this.  That was months ago. He also stated there was going to be a tour this year.   I look forward to saying Bruce and E Street will be my next concert.

Just in case you missed this, there may not be an album/tour cycle this year after all:

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/02/12/bruce-springsteen-and-e-street-band-no-tour-2020/4740249002/

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but it's better to know sooner rather than later if this article is correct.

7 minutes ago, dmway said:

Just in case you missed this, there may not be an album/tour cycle this year after all:

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/02/12/bruce-springsteen-and-e-street-band-no-tour-2020/4740249002/

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but it's better to know sooner rather than later if this article is correct.

Interesting.   Are they not getting along?  and  Are they delaying the album/tour until the election is over?  were my two thoughts/questions.  I hope that when they do tour-it's about the new music and lots of what Bruce has released since The Rising.  I'm tired of hearing the usuals.  I love them but I've seen it  live so many times.  I seem to be in the minority when I say I'd love a music from 2000 on Bruce Springsteen tour.   

Oh well.  It'll be next year.  That leaves more money for when Coldplay tours this year.