Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

Well I guess that I'm not going to see The Murder Capital in Brooklyn tonight. It's not worth standing shoulder to shoulder with a roomful of strangers and risk bringing the virus home. The governor of NY made an announcement that bans gatherings of 500+ people from 5PM today. The show may be cancelled and I could get a refund but it's only a $20 ticket so definitely not worth becoming a plague monkey over.

I think I’m still seeing Primus in June.

At least The Wedding Band concert didn’t get cancelled last week, or I would have missed the great and historic Wah-Off contest between Kirk “The Ripper” Hammett and Mrs. Smith the Crazy Manhattan Cat Lady. 😀😙🤘

(I still can’t believe Kirk lost 😮😉)

F0560934-BFA9-4555-A2AD-1A2945E04EB9.jpeg

E94F810A-B51D-41F8-930F-7B214587179C.jpeg

We didn’t go to the Stereophonics last night. It’s ridiculous Seeing events unfold in Italy over the last 2 weeks and in light of this that all concerts haven’t been postponed to slow the spread of the disease so that healthcare systems can cope.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:25 AM, doctornickriviera said:

We didn’t go to the Stereophonics last night. It’s ridiculous Seeing events unfold in Italy over the last 2 weeks and in light of this that all concerts haven’t been postponed to slow the spread of the disease so that healthcare systems can cope.

Two Brighton venues I was at two weeks ago (the Dome, where I saw Frank Turner, and The Pipeline, where I played) are temporarily shut until this ends. The big issue is the government haven't issued a shutdown order, only a recommendation, which makes it much harder for these venues to claim insurance. 🙃

On 3/15/2020 at 2:25 AM, doctornickriviera said:

I'm sorry, Doc.  

I was going to go see Mandy Moore next month.   I doubt it'll happen.  That would have been my next concert.

I just bought two tickets to Dawes in Grand Rapids, MI, in September.  It's an Evening With Dawes-just them-no encores-two full sets. I went to their webiste, as I've done for months,  hoping for something.  Today was the day the first new Evening With Dawes shows were booked.  I also found two seperate but great seats for The Head and the Heart in May.  Friends think I'm nuts buying concert tickets today.

I'm moving  forward with shows by planning on the worst and hoping for the best. I don't know what else to do.

I’m not sorry @Manohlive, not going and not selling on our tickets was the only socially responsible thing to do.£220 down but it’s sad that multimillionaires aren’t willing to take a hit but we are.

Really our government should have put a stop to these events before the weekend but left it til Monday night and then it was only advisory rather than meaning that no business can claim on insurance.

if you look at the Stereophonics on twitter and the videos they put out on Saturday night and comments, they are being absolutely flamed. And they’ve refused to comment to the press.

12 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

I’m not sorry @Manohlive, not going and not selling on our tickets was the only socially responsible thing to do.£220 down but it’s sad that multimillionaires aren’t willing to take a hit but we are.

Really our government should have put a stop to these events before the weekend but left it til Monday night and then it was only advisory rather than meaning that no business can claim on insurance.

if you look at the Stereophonics on twitter and the videos they put out on Saturday night and comments, they are being absolutely flamed. And they’ve refused to comment to the press.

I agree things should have been shut down sooner.  I flew home, via Orlando Int. Airport, last week.  Disney was still open, as was everything. I was rather disgusted with all of it. 

I'm sorry you had to give up a concert.  I would have done the same as you did, however, I'd be bummed about missing a show.  I love the Stereophonics, as you know.  

All that being said, things are entrely too serious in our world right now.  I wanna bop..  Let's have a cyber party but not too loud in case the mods are still sleepng from Saturday's live stream.   haha

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, fellow Zootopians.

wecandanceredoneirishterier.thumb.jpg.45a7c3dd7c13ccf99ece7adb9e7b89d8.jpg

Bump in the hopes that live music will resume this year... 🍀🍀🍀