What concert are you seeing next?

dmway

• Community Moderator
8 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Some kind of avatar show in London Mich. 

Somebody got inspired by Black Mirror. Just watched this: 

As for my next show, who knows…the one that I was supposed to have in October is now October of next year. At this point, I’m not even getting up my hopes for the ones I have next Spring. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, mich40 said:

Somebody got inspired by Black Mirror. Just watched this: 

As for my next show, who knows…the one that I was supposed to have in October is now October of next year. At this point, I’m not even getting up my hopes for the ones I have next Spring. 

I’ve got at least the killers, crowded house, deacon blue and Idles on a Covid rollover!

• Subscriber
On 6/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, dmway said:

…and now my UF show in September will be my second show instead of my first.

On the Saturday before I see UF, I am now seeing King Crimson in NJ! 😎 The coincidental thing about this show is that it is at the venue close to where I used to live in NJ. It’ll be a nice homecoming of sorts.

Live music again! 🤘🎸

…and this King Crimson show is happening today! Yes, it really is! 😎🎸 

My first concert since December 2019. Let’s hope that this won’t be the only one in 2021 (the UF show next Saturday is still on for now too - let’s hope that works out as well). 🤞

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, dmway said:

…and this King Crimson show is happening today! Yes, it really is! 😎🎸 

My first concert since December 2019. Let’s hope that this won’t be the only one in 2021 (the UF show next Saturday is still on for now too - let’s hope that works out as well). 🤞

Have fun.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Three weeks from today is Dawes.  Their venues are slowly demanding vaccination only-you must have paper proof or you do not get into the show.  Period.  If you don't like it that's too bad (just go away) seems to be the attitude.  I'm hoping it sticks and I can see this show.  My last concert was Dawes on Sept 3, 2019.  I need a concert as much as venues need shows to stay in business. 

• Subscriber
On 9/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, Manohlive said:

Have fun.

…and I did! 😎

There have been persistent rumors that this tour may be their last; so, I did VIP for this show as well. I’m so glad I did - KC’s VIP program (which they call the “Royal Package”) is one of those that is definitely worth it, compared with other bands who are clearly doing it just for the extra money without doing/providing very much to enhance the fan experience.

Robert Fripp came out first to chat with us, then David Singleton (their manager and caretaker of all KC recordings) talked and gave us an advance sample of a Fripp box set coming out in March (great music!), and finally Pat Mastelotto (one of their three(!) drummers with the current permutation of the band - people might remember him as the drummer of Mr. Mister) talked to us for quite a while too with a nice Q & A session. We also got early access to the venue. Of course, we also got a great night of music too. I’m seriously considering another show this week. I was reminded very well why I like live music so much last night; I would like to be reminded again ASAP. 😎

On 9/4/2021 at 1:30 PM, Manohlive said:

Three weeks from today is Dawes.  Their venues are slowly demanding vaccination only-you must have paper proof or you do not get into the show.  Period.  If you don't like it that's too bad (just go away) seems to be the attitude.  I'm hoping it sticks and I can see this show.  My last concert was Dawes on Sept 3, 2019.  I need a concert as much as venues need shows to stay in business. 

I’m all for acts/venues doing this, i.e., requiring proof of vaccine. They didn’t last night, but I was completely ready if they had. If I go see KC at the Beacon Theater later this coming week, I would have to show proof, and that’s fine by me. We only get anywhere close to pre-pandemic normal someday if responsible adults act like responsible adults.

• Subscriber

…and my next show is with the same group as my last one, but in a new venue! 😎

King Crimson belatedly released more “Royal Packages” this morning for tomorrow’s Beacon Theater show in NYC; so, I’m off to the Big Apple tomorrow for the first time since I saw The Fixx there in December 2019.

I have all the proof of vaccination that I need, and I’m glad that they are asking for such proof. 

More live music! 😃🎸🥁

• Subscriber

Imagine dragons is coming to the Pfiserv Forum In February.  I am so on that.  They'll be in Chicago too. I'll score a great single to one of those shows and avoid service charges by waiting until closer to the date. Tickets are $125.50.  That seems reasonable.

Word is that the Green Day Fall out boy Weezer show is the bomb.  Rivers Cuomo came out in a studded leather jacket sporting a full-fledged mullet. It was said all three bands should headline but Green Day still blows it away.

Our gigantic music festival is taking place. It didn't happen last year.  The crowds have been surprisingly small.  The flaming lips are performing the final night. They're saying the smaller crowds, because of the pandemic and having to be vaccinated or paid 25 extra bucks to be tested, works in actual music fans favor because of sparse crowds.

The flaming lips are going to be there the final night.  Those shows are always quiet because it's the end of a long run.  I'm seriously considering attending.  I can mask up and stay safely distanced. I get free passes so it wouldn't cost a thing.  Argh.  So close to the Dawes shows. Decisions decisions.  I really don't know much of the flaming lips. They've always seemed an interesting band.