What concert are you seeing next?

dmway

• Subscriber
On 6/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, dmway said:

I thought my first UF show would be an outdoor one in August; however, I didn’t care for how they were arranging the “seating”, as it were, for the August show. So, my first concert will (most likely) still be UF, but it will be an indoor show in mid-September instead - and I was fortunate enough to get a front-row center seat! 😎 (I usually see them in GA venues, but this show has seats; so, I got the best one I could.)

It will be as nice for me to see and hear them again as it will probably be for them to perform shows regularly again. Both performer and listener have been starved for music - time to make up for lost time! 👍

…and this show is still going on as scheduled, and it is tonight! 😎

They are even giving away tickets for first responders, etc. in honor of the 20th anniversary of 9/11. (My goodness…how did that happen that long ago?)

So, a somewhat patriotic U2 fix tonight! 🇺🇸 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 9/11/2021 at 3:09 AM, dmway said:

…and this show is still going on as scheduled, and it is tonight! 😎

They are even giving away tickets for first responders, etc. in honor of the 20th anniversary of 9/11. (My goodness…how did that happen that long ago?)

So, a somewhat patriotic U2 fix tonight! 🇺🇸 

…and I added some photos from the show on the “U2 Tribute Band Clearinghouse” thread. Enjoy them at your leisure, if you would like.

Edited by dmway

• Subscriber

Saw Royal Blood at the Brighton Centre two nights ago, a homecoming show for them! Absolutely stonking performance, loved hearing the new songs live for the first time. Seeing them again in London at the O2 in March.

image.thumb.png.cd52816f362aa0f5678ebdc232ebe971.png

Seeing Elbow at the very same venue tomorrow night. Looking forward to it, been a long time since I last saw them.

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Whoops! Forgot to update this for a good while, time flies when you're working hard! Elbow were stellar as always, posted some videos & photos on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT-yvDUD7_Q/ 

Saw another incredible gig on Friday night - Nothing But Thieves headlining the O2 arena, first London gig I've attended in 20 months (the last one was Editors at Wembley Arena in February last year). Last time I was at the O2 was 2 years ago to see Muse - supported, funnily enough, by Nothing But Thieves. On Friday it was their show and they owned it - you could that it meant a lot to them given this was their biggest show after working so hard for so many years meant a lot to them. Again, some photos & videos on my Insta, including the support band, Yonaka (who, it turns out, went to the same uni as me!): https://www.instagram.com/p/CUyjGuBIcar/

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 9/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, dmway said:

We only get anywhere close to pre-pandemic normal someday if responsible adults act like responsible adults.

Thank goodness it looks like the numbers are continuing to decline.  Models show that happening through January.  Let's hope it does.

Dawes got cancelled for September 25.  I raised a stink with the fan club because it was only announced on Istagram.  I'm not sure how much more the band could do. Fans got upset with me, saying it was all about me.  I responded saying it was all about the fact that Live Nation failed to pull the sale of the three shows they were handling, one of which was Harrisburg-that night's show. Someone must've seen that because within ten minutes, the sales got pulled. I got thanked. All good but my gosh did some fans irritate me. 

The show was rescheduled for November 5.  They are playing Harrisburg on November 4.  It's one of the two last An Evening With Dawes shows.  I highly suggest going.  It's $45.  They are playing Knoxville, TN and it's ten bucks for GA.  These guys jam.  Looks like I should have four shows in by December 5.  Thank goodness all those venues demand vaccinations/face masks/recent neg tests.

The other show I'm hoping to see (and get comp'd) is Hamilton.  A best friend is completely in charge of ticketing for our run.  He's a nervous wreck.  It looks like the pandemic will allow me to get one or two comps, with the worse case scenario being I'll get tickets for $69.  I badly want to see Hamilton.

Edited by Manohlive
  • thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
On 7/18/2021 at 4:38 AM, dmway said:

My concert schedule is filling up a little bit more now!

I’ll be seeing Jason Bonham’s “Led Zeppelin Evening” in mid-November - and, in October, I am now seeing the joint tour by The English Beat and The Fixx! 😎

I really only know “Save It For Later” from The Beat (as they are called in their native England); however, I have always loved The Fixx, and I never miss them live if I can see them. So, I’m going. 😊

That’s 2 concerts in September, one in October, 2 in November, and one in December for the remainder of 2021 - not bad… It’s just nice to see any shows again.

The Fixx show is still my next show, but there have been some adventures behind the scenes recently.

First, the English Beat dropped out (I don’t know if it is because of COVID; it could have been for another reason), and Fastball were added in their place. This was fine with me; I like Fastball too.

Then, Fastball dropped out. No idea why. So, now, it’s a show by The Fixx only! This is also fine with me because they were the main reason I was going to this show.

I need my Fixx fix. 😎