What concert are you seeing next?

dmway

• Subscriber

Welp, first cancellation of 2022. Was meant to be seeing Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls at the Brighton Dome in February but with omicron spreading across the UK the whole tour has been axed. I'm gutted. It's heartbreaking to watch the entire industry grind to a halt AGAIN just as things were slowly but surely beginning to improve. I'm angry that things were allowed to get this bad again (not to mention the government's breathtaking hypocrisy as exposed in recent weeks) and that once again the entertainment industry is being offered next to no support.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

After two years my wife and I are so excited to see live music again. At least we were, now here comes Omicron....

🤬

Journey and Billy Idol in April.

Roger Waters in September (rescheduled from 2020)

• Subscriber
On 11/20/2021 at 2:11 AM, dmway said:

Well, today (actually, now, yesterday) was a very musical day!

I saw one of my favorite Genesis tribute band for the first time in two years (The Genesis Show) - they were outstanding yet again! I never miss them when they come around. 
By sheer coincidence, starting with this show, every show I am seeing for the remainder of the calendar year (that’s 4, including last night’s show, and this number could grow to 5) is either a Genesis tribute band or Genesis themselves! 😄 One of the things I really enjoy about The Genesis Show is that they have an authentic light show, very reminiscent of the lights Genesis once had back in the day. Here is a sample below; I’m seeing them again on the day after Christmas.

AND, I was able to get a good seat today for the Tears For Fears show in Holmdel, NJ in late June next year! My shows are starting to line up like they do in a normal year - I have tickets for 7 shows for 2022 already! 😎

16471CBE-CD45-4930-9C85-7ED8CA722931.jpeg

…and the second show from “The Genesis Show” last night completes my “four Genesis-related shows in 5 weeks” tour (2 tribute acts (one seen twice) and Genesis themselves)! The Genesis Show were as good as they were 5 weeks ago. Now the withdrawal begins… 😄

Now, my next show is in March - and wouldn’t you know it…it’s another Genesis-tribute band 😆, one I haven’t seen before too! I tried to see them in the past (they’re called “Rael”), but I could never get a ticket for a show that was convenient for me. Hopefully, this show will come to pass…

Edited by dmway

• Subscriber
On 12/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, peterferris8 said:

Welp, first cancellation of 2022. Was meant to be seeing Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls at the Brighton Dome in February but with omicron spreading across the UK the whole tour has been axed. I'm gutted. It's heartbreaking to watch the entire industry grind to a halt AGAIN just as things were slowly but surely beginning to improve. I'm angry that things were allowed to get this bad again (not to mention the government's breathtaking hypocrisy as exposed in recent weeks) and that once again the entertainment industry is being offered next to no support.

…and I have now had my first cancellation, but this one is more of a relief in some ways.

Once the omicron variant took off here, I was always dubious that Nick Mason’s “Saucerful of Secrets” tour would go off without a delay. Well, now it hasn’t - it is officially postponed, not canceled, though.

I wasn’t crazy about the late January schedule for this tour; however, now, I don’t have to mess with going to NYC with the possible threat of snow at the end of January. I’ll keep my ticket instead of getting a refund because I got a great one (4th row, dead center, at the Beacon Theater); I know he’ll reschedule as soon as possible and later in the year, which is fine with me!

Let’s hope all the other shows proceed as planned. 🍀

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

After some hesitation I just bought a ticket to see Fontaines DC and Just Mustard in Brooklyn in April. This is my first time in NYC since November 2019. Just Mustard are a superb Irish shoegaze band that I've been wanting to see for a while now. Should be a powerful night.

• Subscriber

Suede in May, Inhaler in July, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in August. What a life it will be!

I also have a plan B to see Inhaler in Prague combining Suede via the same trip. I would really like to see Inhaler in that venue in a club kind of  - well it is a bit bigger venue but quite enchanting (I saw Suede there in 2013). Prague is charming. CR in general has a bit reserved intellect nature but a what a wonderful sense of humor. 

Edited by jaanakulo
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 12/10/2021 at 7:08 PM, Shannon387 said:

Well, scratch Adele off the list - I didn't qualify as a fan who could get tickets... Also, Didn't qualify for Eddie Vedder either... I'm not fond of the new in thing of requiring fans to verify themselves to qualify as a fan, then if you're lucky and Ticketmaster/Live Nation likes you, that gets you a trip to a Ticketmaster waiting room and maaaybe tickets. I miss the days when you could find a concert you want to go to, and then you buy the ticket and go. 🤷‍♀️

I miss them too.  I'm sorry you did not get tickets. You probably know this but keep trying.  They'll release something. 

• Subscriber

Inhaler - March 18 - Milwaukee   (if it happens)   They're selling really well in Chicago.  The only tickets left are for the upper balcony.  The main floor tickets are gone.  Woo hoo for them.

Coldplay - May 29 - Chicago   HER is opening!   yay to that

The Head and the Heart  - May 25 - Milwaukee, Oct 1 - Chicago, Oct 3 and 4 - Madison 

Matchbox Twenty - June 18 - Moline, IL

Up in the air:   Feb 5 - Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes but solo in Davenport, IA.  I have a lot of friends who will be attending.  I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing so.  Time will tell.  

Is anyone else concerned about the Inhaler tour with the pandemic?   Has anyone heard anything?   I'm really looking forward to seeing them.