Jump to content

What concert are you seeing next?


dmway

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

Well, I was going to add a few more photos from the Beck show last night, but even the smallest ones are "too big" - oh well, maybe we'll get a greater posting allotment someday.

But, back on topic, my next show is tomorrow, and it's all day tomorrow.

I like music from before the 80s revolution as well, and tomorrow the first band I ever saw live is having their 50th anniversary celebration - the band simply known as Yes. The band started the same year as Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull, among many others. Their UK celebration was in London a few months ago, but their US celebration is in Philadelphia! Philly has supported this band since their very first tour here in the early 70s (they even have an official "Yes Day" by proclamation of the mayor and the city council - I was at that ceremony in City Hall back in 2004). They are playing tonight, but I am seeing them tomorrow night live after their anniversary celebration earlier in the day (I didn't want to see three shows on three consecutive nights - I knew Beck would put on a show that would ecstatically exhaust me, so I needed a recuperation day).

I didn't see them live until the 80s myself, but their older music is my first love. A lot of the band's alumni from back then are even coming for the celebration, and two are even playing again with the current version of the band on a few songs! A full day of lovely music! B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 7/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, dmway said:

Well, I was going to add a few more photos from the Beck show last night, but even the smallest ones are "too big" - oh well, maybe we'll get a greater posting allotment someday.

But, back on topic, my next show is tomorrow, and it's all day tomorrow.

I like music from before the 80s revolution as well, and tomorrow the first band I ever saw live is having their 50th anniversary celebration - the band simply known as Yes. The band started the same year as Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull, among many others. Their UK celebration was in London a few months ago, but their US celebration is in Philadelphia! Philly has supported this band since their very first tour here in the early 70s (they even have an official "Yes Day" by proclamation of the mayor and the city council - I was at that ceremony in City Hall back in 2004). They are playing tonight, but I am seeing them tomorrow night live after their anniversary celebration earlier in the day (I didn't want to see three shows on three consecutive nights - I knew Beck would put on a show that would ecstatically exhaust me, so I needed a recuperation day).

I didn't see them live until the 80s myself, but their older music is my first love. A lot of the band's alumni from back then are even coming for the celebration, and two are even playing again with the current version of the band on a few songs! A full day of lovely music! B)

Well, the anniversary was very well celebrated! B)

More later, I'm too tired now...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Another week, another show...

 

It is an unexpected reunion tomorrow in Philly - The Smashing Pumpkins (3 of 4 original members in the band too)! I'm looking forward to it! B)

 

(This is the finale of the 10 shows I will have seen in June and July...a breather for a few weeks now.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Not sure that I'd class this is as concert as such but tickets for the annual Krishna Das November NYC kirtan went on sale and that's all that I have lined up right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Not sure that I'd class this is as concert as such but tickets for the annual Krishna Das November NYC kirtan went on sale and that's all that I have lined up right now.

Works for me! :)

 

On 7/27/2018 at 11:00 PM, dmway said:

Another week, another show...

 

It is an unexpected reunion tomorrow in Philly - The Smashing Pumpkins (3 of 4 original members in the band too)! I'm looking forward to it! B)

 

(This is the finale of the 10 shows I will have seen in June and July...a breather for a few weeks now.)

 

Wow...the Pumpkins can still play! :o That was an amazing show! They played for almost 3 hours (and after 11 to boot)! They even covered "Stairway to Heaven" - yes, really! Here's the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/2018/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-6beb2ae6.html

A great selection from over their entire career - with a new song as well ("Solara"). I still can't make up my mind if this tour is a "wave bye-bye" to the fans for sticking with them for so long or if it's an announcement with authority that they are back. I guess I'll have to wait until next year and beyond to find out.

Still, what a show! B)

Now I have just under a month for the next one - announcement soon-ish...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 7/29/2018 at 12:52 AM, dmway said:

Works for me! :)

 

 

Wow...the Pumpkins can still play! :o That was an amazing show! They played for almost 3 hours (and after 11 to boot)! They even covered "Stairway to Heaven" - yes, really! Here's the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-smashing-pumpkins/2018/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-6beb2ae6.html

A great selection from over their entire career - with a new song as well ("Solara"). I still can't make up my mind if this tour is a "wave bye-bye" to the fans for sticking with them for so long or if it's an announcement with authority that they are back. I guess I'll have to wait until next year and beyond to find out.

Still, what a show! B)

Now I have just under a month for the next one - announcement soon-ish...

 

He plays a lot of gigs in Chicago.  It will be very interesting to see what they do.  I saw them on the Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness tour.  I waited until the day of the show and we got front row.  They were amazing.  I hope they stay together.  Today is one of my favorite songs.  Yet again, I am envious but very happy you enjoyed the show and had so much fun.  You do realize you are Steelers territory and soon we shall be rivals, yes?  Enjoy my grace while you can!   ?   J/K but I did live part of my childhood in the shadow of Lambeau Field so it's on, dmway.   ?

Much to my surprise, my next show is Dawes this coming Wednesday.  They are playing in a local record store.  It is a stripped down acoustic set. Earlier today,  I made sure I'm getting into it.  After the set, they are sitting at a table and signing Cds/Albums.  I'm beyond excited.  I already met the bassist when he was having a smoke backstage and he said hello. They know me and others because we are at so many of their shows and stand to be right up front. Meeting them in an official capacity is going to be weird.but I am psyched.  They are also opening for Jeff Lynne's ELO at the United Center later that evening.  I put out feelers for a cheap, cheap ticket to that show.  I'm going to go broke but I don't care.  It's music and I've never seen ELO.  Two Dawes shows in one day?  That is as good as it gets for me with music.   I cannot believe I'm going to see them play in a record store.  I shall have my fix sooner than I thought.  I cannot sleep!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...